Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jan 24, 2020 3:28 AM

Uselesss customer service

Tonight I chatted with an agent for 30 minutes before he told me he couldn't help me. This included waiting to chat, responses, etc. Then he tells me to call the Loyalty Dept. I'm not pleased that the DirecTV bill went up 43%. The person I get on the phone keeps asking me questions and trying to cutback our service. Now I'm an hour in and give up. This is ridiculous that you cannot get someone by chat or on the phone to answer questions. Dealing with AT&T customer service is worse than going to a shady used car dealer. Anyone have a shortcut?

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.9K Messages

a month ago

If your bill went up "43%", then I take it most of that was discounts completed in addition to the small adjustment for 2020.

You may not be pleased by this, but DirecTV pays a lot of money to the networks. As such they must price based on that. Because there were people depending to heavily on discounts to make service affordable, the CEO has cut those back because they are not sustainable.

So you can certainly call DirecTV to discuss the account. When you get the voice system if you say "cancel" that should route you to their retention department (a.k.a. cancellations or loyalty). No guarantee any discounts will be available, but you can ask. Review your services and reduce if necessarily so that it is within budget. Discounts are a temporary perk, so never expect them to always be available. Bottom line, if you cannot afford without discounts, then it is not affordable and you should make changes that meet your financial needs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Thanks for the input. We can afford it, i can't justify paying that much more for how little we watch DirecTV programming. I'll either drop some channels that we don't watch or start streaming everything.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.9K Messages

That is fair. If what you receive and cost don't match up, even if within budget, certainly look over your services for a better fit.

Be prepared you cannot simply remove channels individually. You lower the programming package itself, or remove any optional packs of channels.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

I agree. I have better results talking to the wall than the chat line. It is really too bad because I like the service when it is working correctly.

Teacher

• 

46 Messages

We just switched over to DIRECT from ATT U-Verse and the first year of the DIRECTV agreement, it is costing me 10.00 more a month. I did not balk at that point.

At the time, ATT said that my bill will go up $50.00/month for the second year for the same programing. I plan to give the ATT people a call 2 weeks before the 2nd year kicks in. I had been very successful with them for the past 8 years. I know one thing, your credit rating and if paying on time, plays a factor. We will see when the time comes for review, how much they will want to keep me as a customer.

I was surprised to see the DIRECTV HD picture quality and digital surround sound were a nice improvement over U-Verse. I have a 5.2 surround system in my mancave. We have 3 HD UHD HDR TV's w DIRECTV wireless + ATT Internet. Perfect.

(edited)