Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Employee

• 

1 Message

Sat, Feb 23, 2019 10:10 PM

Transfer of billing responsibility for DIRECTV

So I called 18002882020 to ask what needed to be done to do a transfer of billing responsibility on my fiance's account to mine. We deunified her wireless phones and got them transferred successfully at the ATT store. They then told me I had to call 18779716092 to have them transfer the dtv account. So I call that number and they said they deal with wireless accounts only. And referred me back to 18002882020. Called them they said I had to call dtv and transferred me. I talked to that rep and he said I could only do it through the 18779716092 number. This went on for 4 LONG hours. Finally I got frustrated and they gave me a 18005315000 to call. He helped me get most of the stuff done but also said I have to call q8779716092 to have it all finalized. So here I am on the phone 4.5 hrs later on hold trying to get this resolved. There has to be a better way. For a communications company, I feel there is no communication at all within the company on who is supposed to be called to fix this issue. Can anyone please help me and get this issue resolved?!?!?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

a year ago

DTV doesn't allow you to transfer an account best you can do is cancel the account then open a new one.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

Unfortunately, AT&T employees don't know the process so they give you the run around for hours and hours on the phone. It's amazing how clueless they are and just transfer you over and over again. There has been no customer service that I have spoken to that has been as frustrating and complete waste of time as I have experienced with AT&T. I wouldn't wish this on my enemy. Makes you want to pull out your hair and go outside and scream so loud. My spouse is a WB employee and the AT&T counter there finally said you know just cancel it and open a new account. This was his suggestion, not even a process he knew of. It seemed like the only way to get the transfer done as a workaround. Finally on my last attempt to call I told the rep that I was going to need to cancel and she said yea that's the way to do it because we don't have a way to do it!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE??!! It all comes down to communication. And can you please implement the tobr process for DirectTV and Internet as you already have for Wireless. Does Randall Stephenson and John Stankey accept this kind of customer service? Is this part of why they have lost 1.3 million customers in the last 3 years?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

6 months ago

@Chilindrina 

DirecTV doesn't have an option to give the responsibility to someone else, never has. The only close option is if the account holder is deceased then the surviving spouse can choose to accept taking over the account. You cannot transfer account between spouses by request.

Opening a new account is fraud. It is one account for the household for lifetime. If you move, the account goes with you as DirecTV is a nationwide service. AT&T services on the other hand can be specific to the address on what is available (or available at all), or in the case of cell phones lines are used individually (such as kid moves out and takes his phone from his parent's account). So AT&T has a change of responsibility for their services, but not DirecTV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.