Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
J

• 

1 Message

Thu, Aug 6, 2020 1:18 AM

Terrible service

I have 2 tvs that do not work. I’ve been on hold for over an hour. Your service department (Edited per community guidelines). I’ve been in the middle of the corona pandemic all day. My husband works in the middle of all the riots. All we want is our tv to work. We have never been late on our bill. This is extremely disappointing. We will cancel our service as soon as we can find your replacement. 

Responses

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.9K Messages

6 months ago

What's not working? Error messages?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.8K Messages

6 months ago

So is DTV, the remaining open call centers are under staffed with the same or greater call volume creating long wait times and being understaffed with techs may cause missed appointments.  DTV is not an essential service nor is TV.

(edited)

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.9K Messages

5 months ago

An hour hold time is fairly typical with the covid issues. Again, what does "not working" mean?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25K Messages

5 months ago

@jccadkins 

DirecTV is understandably understaffed from Covid-19. Since they are not an essential service, they were hit harder by the stay-at-home orders and had to (temporarily) close many call centers. Plus with more people at home means more calling in about TV.

It is not "our" service department any more than it is yours. This is a public forum of other customers. However, many experienced customers (including the occasional employee off the clock), can often provide assistance.

What are the models of your boxes?

What exactly is not working? (symptoms, error message, etc.)

Anything in particular you've tried to resolve the issue?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Get started...

Ask a new question