Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Wed, Feb 19, 2020 3:00 AM

Showtime "promotion".

I received a call today during lunch from a non-descript number and I answered just so I could hang up on the telemarketer. When they said they were calling from Directv to thank me for being a loyal customer, I said, oh, okay... and then they said to thank me I would be getting Showtime preview as a promotion (as we have all seen many times before with Showtime, HBO, MAX etc. but never with a forewarning call. I said okay and hung up. Several minutes later i received an emaill from ATT stating that they have recieved my request for service change and were adding Showtime for $13.99 a month and my next bill would reflect it. After clearing the steam from my head I called the helpful customer service line in the Phillipines or India or wherever and after many prompts spoke to a nice gentleman who explained to me that Showtime was added to my package and I would see it on my next bill. Nope, not happening. I told him if it showed up on my bill that he could consider that as a formal cancellation. About time to switch to Dish anyway. Anyone else have this problem?

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.8K Messages

2 months ago

Outbound sales like that are 3rd party, offering premiums like Showtime. May be at regular cost or free for 3 months.

Agent on the phone should simply have removed it. Added and removed same day even if shows charge and credit should equal out.

That doesn't count as a formal cancellation. If you choose to cancel at any time then you call DirecTV to do so. There is no future cancel if X happens. Remember like other companies you pay for the full service month, even if you decide to stop using service partway through.

If you callback, I would request to opt out of any outbound sales calls. As they have to disseminate that down the chain to any 3rd party sales, it may take up to 30 days to no longer receive those calls. Promos can be nice, but I prefer to discuss them when I call in (also to make sure they are legitimate as I don't trust telemarketers in general).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

36.1K Messages

Agent on the phone should simply have removed it. Added and removed same day even if shows charge and credit should equal out.

Premiums have a one month minimum. I’m not sure the agent would be allowed to do that.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.8K Messages

Premiums do have that 30 days or $10 early removal fee, but from past experience if removed same day that doesn't kick in. But if next service day starts before removal, then the early removal condition is secured in the system.

At least that is the way it was before the new billing account system.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

I would log in to your online account at directv.com to verify if it’s a promotion (billed with a credit to zero it out) and for how long (one month, two months, etc). I don’t see free showtime listed online for directv: https://www.att.com/premium-channels/

Could be an offer based on tenure or the package you have. Online will verify what happened during the phone call.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

If you think DirecTV is bad, you haven't seen Dish.

They've lost most (all?) regional sports channels and have zero desire to get them back. There's also talk about them merging with DirecTV, which is interesting, considering that AT&T owns DirecTV and has no plans on sending up any more satellites.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

Since satellites last 20 years or more of course there are no plans now to send up more.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…