Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 5, 2016 8:22 PM

senior discounts for directv consumers

is there any senior discounts available from directv ?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.7K Messages

2 years ago

@RhondaGreer

Directv does not offer a Senior Discount.

However there are some new programming options, some of which affect Encore.

Traditional Options:

The Ultimate package, and of course Premier, have the Encore channels.

The Starz pack ($13.99, if no other premium packs) has included Encore for many years. Updated the branding on the channels to say StarzEncore even.

New options:

You can now add the Encore channels by themselves instead of the full Starz pack. As I recall this is $8.99.

If you watch little to no sports they have a new package Preferred Xtra. Slightly cheaper than Xtra in base cost, but is also cheaper because it removes the RSN fee that package Choice and above have. The Xtra Package with Encore added is cheaper than the Ultimate package with the RSN fee. You also get the bonus of Hallmark Movies & Mysteries (565) which used to be only available in the HD Extra Pack. HM&M is also in Select and Entertainment.

You will need to call Directv 1-800-531-5000 to see about adding the Encore pack to your current package, or even changing to Preferred Xtra if you feel that would be a better fit as well. You can change the package and pack at any time. Unlike a full Premium pack (like the full Starz), Encore only does not have the 30 day requirement to keep it. Even ask if you account qualifies for any new discounts (depending on promotion sometimes comes with an agreement to keep Directv for the same length as discount). If any discounts are available great, but I would verify you are comfortable with the base costs as that will be your long term budget.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

5 years ago

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi

I am now 71 and have att-Directv. Is there a discount for seniors?

Francis [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.7K Messages

3 years ago

DirecTV does not have category discounts (senior citizen, military, low income etc.). 

Youcan call them to see if you might qualify for a new monthly discount. Any specials are for your account personally. Since specials only last so long, I would do an account review to make sure you have the best fit for what you use. Packages and channels have changed over the years so maybe there is a lower costing option for you now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have directtv I have to call back in April can I get a senior discount, also is there a package that includes encore I need to stay at 100 dollars

Get started...

Ask a new question