Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Feb 21, 2018 12:21 AM

RSN charge

I was trying to figure out what exactly this RSN charge is but it is showing it has something to do with sports.  How can I find out if this charge is for my zip code.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 years ago

Regional Sport Networks (RSN) are in packages Choice or above.

To see what RSNs and Teams are available for you: www.directv.com/rsn

The RSN fee can go up to a little over $7 depending where you live.

The packages below Choice (Family, Select, Entertainment) do not charge the RSN fee.

This fee used to be included in the package cost, but with each market charging so differently, increase in what the RSNs are charging, and for transparency on the bill Directv now itemizes it.

Other companies have the RSN fee, but still hide it in the package cost.

At the time (or shortly thereafter) the RSN fee was itemized, Directv came out with a new package called Preferred Xtra. It is slightly cheaper than Xtra and removes some sport channels including the RSNs, so no RSN fee. It adds in some non sport channels, such as Boomerang and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. This is the package for those that watch little to no sports. I believe because it does not showcase sports (which is one of Directv's biggest selling points), is why this package is not listed on the website except for those that already have it is only available by calling in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Is this RSN charge another way of making money on people.  I can't wait for my 12 mo's to expire so I can go back to my previous carrier.  I thought when I signed up this was going to be cheaper but it seem now that you guys are finding ways to recoup all of your money.  Thanks alot!

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

3 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_sports_network

There are packages that don't have RSN fees.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

sorry, No this have not be resolved.  Still waiting on reply. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Online it shows that charge depend on your zip code. So how can I tell if this charge apply to my bill.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

3 years ago

If it's listed on your bill, then you're being charged.  If you have a channel package without sports channels, then you won't be charged. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.

Get started...

Ask a new question