Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sun, Jul 29, 2018 6:45 PM

Roku app login error using ATT/Directv login

**Please read this thoroughly before making suggestions.**

I am unable to login any third party apps or the Directv app on my Roku device.

ROKU****

I have been on MULTIPLE chat and phone calls with customer support and even went to my local store. I have a combined AT&T and Directv billing account.

I have done all the suggested troubleshooting methods; uninstalling/reinstalling apps, resetting password, secondary email; ALL OF IT NUMEROUS TIMES. 

During my last infuriating call to customer support, it was suggested I to login through my AT&T app to view shows. My AT&T app is on my phone. NOT my Roku. Customer support seems to have no idea what a Roku is or what I am talking about.

I am trying to login to IDGO on my Roku, for example, which is included in my Directv package. I get an error "billing is DTVNOW" error. I do not have a paid or active subscription to DTVNOW.

Can I/we get some real resolution on this?? 

Responses

tgreaves

Former Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 years ago

Unfortunately i'm in outbound sales and have no way to contact someone in the technical department. Let me reach out via the forum in the staff chat to see if anyone knows a solution or an eta as to when this will be fixed

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

@tgreaves, I am glad you understand what I am talking about. I had such a time trying to explain what a Roku is to customer service (or tech support), much less what apps I was referring to.

I tried @mdram4x4's suggestion to try logging in using AT&T (U-verse) as the subscriber, but that did not work. Thanks for the idea, @mdram4x4.

I decided to try logging in to the IDGO and History Channel apps  - just for fun  -  and my login WORKED! @CKR8888, I wonder if it just took time for my accounts to combine? Maybe try it again?? (I gave up a couple of months ago and haven't tried again until today).

I did have ONE customer service person tell me that engineering was aware (this was in June or July) and to keep trying the login to see if it works. But honestly, I got so many different answers or tech support didn't know what a Roku is,  I just don't trust customer service.

I do think that customer support should be educated on issues such as this. I don't think that just because my logins work (for now?) that the issue is "resolved". 

tgreaves

Former Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 years ago

See this could be a multiple array of things actually. If its working for some software but not others. It maybe a fault with the 3rd parties software. Google search to see if others are having the issue with that software.

It could be DTV isn't receiving the connection auth from the software.

it could be your DTV/AT&T login is bugged out.

things need to be taken in steps and eliminated.

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

@tgreaves,

The issue started when I signed up for the DTV dish. At the time I was asked if I wanted a combined bill with my cell, I said yes. 

I suspect the combination of AT&T with DTV was where the issue is/was. 

The frustration was with chatting and calling customer service several times (and going to my local AT&T corporate store). I did google the issue and came across very few complaints at the time and no resolution.

The store person could not help and customer service kept transferring me to a special department, called RC1 or something like that. They had no idea what I was talking about (referring to roku and apps) and continued to discuss the DTV and DTVNow apps. 

Until recently, I was unable to login to the DTV app on my phone either. The store and customer service had me change my login/pw 6 or 7 times. So I suspect the login was messed up too. (The DTV app on my phone works now too).

Overall, I felt like I wasn't being listened to so I posted on this forum hoping that maybe if enough people complained, it would get looked at. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hi- I'm just wondering if you ever found a solution?  I'm still going thru the same problem.  Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I'm having the same problem right now as well

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Same problem here. Can't use TBS or FOX Sports on the Roku using DirecTV credentials. The credentials however do work just fine on the ESPN app on Roku.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

a year ago

besides the fact that my streaming on direct tv account stop working sept 5th it was also the day that I cannot watch anything log into direct tv as my provider on my roku 3rd party apps

so something has happened to my direct tv account that not only won't let me stream any tv episodes or movies but it also affected roku I thought it was due to software update on my roku back on sept 5th but that wasn't case when I factory reset both roku's this past weds night meh

i'm hoping that I finally got direct tv to help resolved this issue this afternoon said will at least get this working by end of the week

ya see if I log into direct tv.com as my at and t email and password click on watch online say an episode chrisley knows best the newest one it just display watch on phone table computer etc etc etc shows description I click on more and it reads

not avaiable with your current tv package update tv package←on choice package I  do have usa network  it doing that on that and other channels if I type something in like the connors

I got all the local stations  e channel starz parmount network hbo showtime in my package and can watch them but streaming wise it stop working

if I click on guide direct tv.com it only displays the times but no title of movies or tv shows just saids doesn't match your criteria or something like that

I do have starz in my package if I go to starz website type in my at and t email which is direct tv is I I log into direct tv as my provider then It opens up direct tv sign in window already got at and t email in I put in password I get authorization error you are not authorize for starz service

again I don't know what's going on because I had direct tv for a long time and I was able to log into direct tv as my provider and everything was working good last week aug 26-31 and sept 4th that night and next day somehow I lost ability to stream movies and tv show episodes on my direct tv account which not only affects roku direct tv issue but does same thing on computer

I hope I get this situated end of the week this is just nuts cannot get a hold direct tv but I think I finally did see what happens if they text or call me tell me they got streaming working direct tv account before it stopped working sept 5th meh

also if I type in usa network.com watch something like suits it asked me to sign into my tv provider I signed into direct tv it saids

your tv subscription does not include this channel please contact your service provider about upgrade your service to get access

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

Running into the same issue. I can log in and it authenticates on my PC, doesn't authenticate when trying to use it on one of our smart TV's.

I know a list of supported items was posted earlier, that said that Roku and similar weren't supported, yet they clearly state it is on their site as well.

https://www.att.com/directv/experience/watch-directv-app.html - at the bottom where it says 'What devices...' you click to expand and it says "DIRECTV customers can download the free DIRECTV app to watch TV on a smartphone, tablet, connected device like Roku or Chromecast and various Smart TVs. Review the constantly growing list of compatible devices."

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

a year ago

well its 3rd day and I have yet to receive a text message or call back on another phone direct tv on my streaming issues I supposed I have been lied to once again I'll call them next week nothing happens Friday and yes issue still persists meh yes I can do chat but they won't  do nothing I try that few times last week

Get started...

Ask a new question