Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Aug 1, 2017 12:24 AM

regional sports

How do I remove regional sports off my package?

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

3 years ago

You need to lower it to one that doesn't have sports.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

3 years ago

You cannot remove RSNs from the package itself.

The only way to get rid of RSNs is to either move to a location that is in no RSN market (just for info, nobody would move just to change their channel options) or go to a package that does not include them. Good news is you don't have to lower down to Select or Entertainment and lose channels you enjoy just to get rid of the RSNs. Directv has a new package called Preferred Xtra.

Preferred Xtra is $2 less in base cost than Xtra, plus no RSN fee, and adds in some channels from the Ultimate package. It even adds Hallmark Movies & Mysteries (565) which used to only be available in the HD Extra Pack. So for those of us who watch little to no sports, Preferred Xtra is cheaper than Xtra while providing more bang for our buck. Depending on how much your RSN fee is, Preferred Xtra (which has no RSN fee) could be comparable in cost to Choice (which has the RSN fee).

The new package is not listed online, I have assumed because it does not showcase all the sports like RSNs which is one of Directv's biggest selling points. So you do need to call Directv 1-800-531-5000 to change to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

3 weeks ago

What is "Regional Sports?" How does one remove regional sports from my package?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

@JamesMaybach

Regional Sport Networks (RSN). These are the channels that cover professional sports (MLB, NHL, NBA). The channels and teams are specific to where you live. www.directv.com/rsn

As previously answered (info on how RSNs work hasn't changed since the prior post), you cannot remove RSNs from your package. They are in packages Choice and above. So the packages without RSNs are Family, Select, and Entertainment. Though I wouldn't suggest Entertainment if you don't watch sports as the $10 more than Select is getting you ESPN, ESPN2, Pursuit, and FS1.

Alternately if you use Choice or higher, you can ask the retention department if Preferred Xtra is still available.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com