SirMrJones's profile
SirMrJones
#1 Star!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Sep 16, 2015 2:02 AM

Problem signing into DirecTV.com - redirects to AT&T

I'm having a problem ever since this merger took place.
When ever I try signing into DirecTV.com it redirects to AT&T sign in page, but signing in either results in a "We're experiencing technical difficulties" message, or provides no means to manage the DirecTV account.

I also tried just going to AT&T's website manually (I type the url in) and sign into att.com, there's none of my DirecTV information available there. How am I suppose to view or pay my bill, or manage my account?

To top it off, I ALSO tried using my AT&T info to sign into directv.com but that doesn't work either.

This is a complete dibacle.

Responses

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

I'm adding my $.02 to this issue.  I'm on my fourth hour of "help" with this.  I've been bounced around from department to department, person to person.  NO ONE can figure out what is going on!

I too get the "We noticed you tried to sign in with your AT&T Access ID and Password." error when logging into Directv.com.  I also get that when going through att.com and then clicking the Watch TV through the drop down.

This is getting ridiculous!

Also frustrating is when someone says they are going to get someone (a third person) to help us out, I get placed on hold and THEY NEVER COME BACK!

It's getting so ridiculous, I'm keeping a detailed Word document with dates, times, notes, and screenshots.  I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but if they ask me to take any kind of survey, I'll try to submit it I guess?

Please, AT&T/DirecTV, figure this out! 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

I finally got a customer support agent to help solve the issue, by making me choose a different password for Direct TV.  It now works.  I honestly don't know why.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

What was the fix?

tony520

Scholar

• 

113 Messages

3 y ago

They were able to fix it behind the scenes, but I cannot log in to the direct mobile app I keep being told it is being escalated to engineering which I never here back.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

He told me the same thing and then the next time I called and they told me
I was trying to log in with the wrong account even though they are supposed
to have merged and you are supposed to be able to login with any of your
AT&T IDs

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

hi my name is Jennifer reedy and when I got direct tv with nfl ticket and im trying to watch online and its asking for a password that I didn't set up how do I go about doing that

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

I have NEVER been able to log in since the merger took place.  ATT has been HORRIBLE for us, so we dropped them....now, it's been 2 years and I still can't log onto my DirecTV.  They keep resetting my password and my account but waiting 20 minutes to speak to someone really ends up tying my entire afternoon.  This whole redirecting thing is ridiculous.  I can't wait until The NFL Package is offered through another service somewhere else...then we'll leave DirecTV for sure....all because of ATT merger.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

It is not just the merge.  I just got off the phone with direct TV, and I was informed that there is a nationwide sign in problem that will not be fixed for at least another 3 weeks.  As everyone knows that has Direct TV, if a cloud goes by, signal is lost.  I usually switch over to my Roku using my Direct TV sign in to continue watching the show.  This is no longer possible until this issue is fixed.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

I just got off the phone with Direct TV and was informed that there was a nationwide sign in problem that would not be fixed until the end of January.  I can no longer stream any content.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Once my contract is up I will never sign with them again. They pushed the being able to stream out of home thing as a big selling point. They have lied and failed. Most of the time I am not able to stream.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Ive been instructed to use the website vs the app when that happens. I have
no issues with log in, on my browser, but the app still gives me problems
until they resolve the log in issues.
redtees

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

2 y ago

I have a stand alone Directv account.

Our ATT account is under another name.  I have been stopped at the redirect page loop since the merger.

I've tried all the suggested cures to no avail.  I'm amazed that this thread is 3 years old.  

DIRECTV Redirect.jpg

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

Yes! As frustrating as this is, the problem goes even deeper!

I can log on to DirecTV to record a show, but it doesn't give me the option of looking at my account. So, I tried to log on to check my balance and again, thrown back in the loop for the run around. I called and spoke with a supervisor twice now and they tell me the problem is on my end with my password. They actually can not help. It's ridiculous. So, I pay $120/ month and have absolutely no idea what my balance is, if I've overpaid $600???? No idea...because I can't access my account. No one emails me back and no one replies off the thread online. DirecTV used to be amazing until their AT&T merger. Millions of customers struggle and just give up trying like we have.

If I could spend 5 minutes with someone at DirecTV who a totally matters, maybe things would be different. Until then, and as soon as another carrier covers the NFL ticket, we'll leave DirecTV....all because of how horrible at&t is.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I here your pain. I worked for the At&t cell network for IBM as a contractor for a year.

There are so many problems with the At&t they can't even disconnect a customer. On average, it takes 35 days to totally disconnect a phone number. It is all the old school At&t telco workers that have no clue how the new networked systems are connected to accounts. But the work is being done by workers in India and Philipines (at slave wages) so the system has become unmanageable.

At&t's strong area is network coverage. They are the only network in Philly which has full coverage in the subways. And the $40 / month Direct TV play the $322 cell bill, which includes our 2 for 1 Samsung Galaxy 8 , so we were saving 15% for Military discount, and the $25 , out bill would around $392 a month.

We are with Sprint now, they give you Hulu for free you get 2 for 1 iPhones (I still have my Galaxy but I upgraded to a S9 Note,which is great. Cut the cord, and get a Firestick for each TV. (They are only $39 each no monthly charge) we use Verizon for high speed internet at home $49, and our cell bill is $235, that includes $58 a month for insurance, but there are cheaper insurances out there.

So disconnecting cost us $120 cancellation charge, with DirecTV, but well worth it...

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

Tried this option, thought finally I'm through. Alas I was wrong, selected the DTV option but it threw me right back into the LOOP! UGGH!

Get started...

Ask a new question