SirMrJones's profile
SirMrJones
#1 Star!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Sep 16, 2015 2:02 AM

Problem signing into DirecTV.com - redirects to AT&T

I'm having a problem ever since this merger took place.
When ever I try signing into DirecTV.com it redirects to AT&T sign in page, but signing in either results in a "We're experiencing technical difficulties" message, or provides no means to manage the DirecTV account.

I also tried just going to AT&T's website manually (I type the url in) and sign into att.com, there's none of my DirecTV information available there. How am I suppose to view or pay my bill, or manage my account?

To top it off, I ALSO tried using my AT&T info to sign into directv.com but that doesn't work either.

This is a complete dibacle.

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I have been on the phone with Directv twice.  Both times I was told to login in to the 'legacy' Directv site.  Great but that doesn't help now when they are not assisting me.  It still redirects to ATT.  Then they told me that it was because my user names were the same that I was confusing the sites.  No, I'm not.  Fix this problem it is very annoying to have to spend an hour trying to fix it, call, waiting on hold, then going through each new tech's ideas, then resetting everything, only to have it not work again the next time.

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

3 y ago

I received a phone call two weeks ago and they told me the issue was resolved, but they needed me to conduct additional troubleshooting steps to confirm. I was not at home, so I told them I would call back. When I called back, they said the steps they needed me to take weren’t indicated on my account, but saw the note that it was resolved.

The issue still existed, so they reopened the ticket, and I haven’t heard anything since. This is really frustrating. It’s been two months now, and I still cannot stream television or manage my DVR away from home. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

me too

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

me too

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Same issue, looks like this has been going on for 2 years!!!! I have my internet and Directv bundled billing and my wireless is a separate bill. Whenever I try to login to Directv.com to stream, I am redirected to the new dashboard for myATT. If I try to stream from that pages links, it just redirects back to the dashboard homepage.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I have the same issues also. It all started when I moved and added ATT internet in January. I can't believe they haven't resolved this issue that has been ongoing since 2015. I guess as long as they get their money that's all this company (and ATT) care about. 

tony520

Scholar

• 

113 Messages

3 y ago

yea im tried of it , not the same since ATT took over , had DTV since 1996 , time to moved on.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I found a way to fix this!!!

On your AT&T account page

-click on your name in the top right

-click on view profile

-click on account users

-click on manage subaccount users

-click on add subaccount

add a subaccount with a different *****@att.net

once you have created this subaccount, log-in on the Direct TV app on your phone, and it will give you access back!

Thank the lorddddd!!!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

3 y ago

Meeee 2!

This whole thing is terrible

i have the exact same issues and no one can help me resolve the issue!  My solution, cancel my directv account!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

Did you ever get it fixed?  I have the same problem.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

3 y ago

No & I keep getting empty promises to fix it. I have been referred several times to the “technical staff” with no response, no email, no return phone calls! I have been told that AT&T/Directv will make it right. I have also been that I can not watch my channels “out of home”!!!
Funny, I used to until about 3 months ago! I guess the AT&T motto “it’s your TV, take it with you anytime, anywhere” is false advertisement? Extremely frustrated and ready to cancel Directv & AT&T!!!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 y ago

Not true

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

I tried using my Direct TV Username and PW to sign in on Direct TV, and it didn't work. Instead it gives the following message;

"We noticed you tried to sign in
with your AT&T user ID and password.

If you'd like to manage your existing AT&T account, please go to att.com/myatt." 

When I go to att.com, it has no problem signing in there.  I can't access direct tv on my desktop, iPhone or iPad.  I've tried chrome browser, and Edge browser with the same results.  I've tried to log in on the mobile app, and also have the same result.  It's annoying because I like using the mobile app at the gym, and it's not been responsive at all for about a month.  I asked for a billing credit, and also got nowhere.  

I've been trying to get this addressed for a month now, and mostly they can't seem to understand the problem. This is a total mess.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I'm having the same problem, but the DirectTV Now account is under his info because it's billed to his credit card.  The AT&T uverse internet account is in my name.  when I tried logging into the DirectTV Now info using his ID and password it first let me update the password.  Then when went back to log in it says the user ID doesn't exist.  Help!! 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

3 y ago

@Tootsiebell wrote:

I'm having the same problem, but the DirectTV Now account is under his info because it's billed to his credit card.  The AT&T uverse internet account is in my name.  when I tried logging into the DirectTV Now info using his ID and password it first let me update the password.  Then when went back to log in it says the user ID doesn't exist.  Help!! 

This is the DirecTV Satellite forum. There's a different forum for DirecTV Now questions. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question