SirMrJones's profile
SirMrJones
#1 Star!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Sep 16, 2015 2:02 AM

Problem signing into DirecTV.com - redirects to AT&T

I'm having a problem ever since this merger took place.
When ever I try signing into DirecTV.com it redirects to AT&T sign in page, but signing in either results in a "We're experiencing technical difficulties" message, or provides no means to manage the DirecTV account.

I also tried just going to AT&T's website manually (I type the url in) and sign into att.com, there's none of my DirecTV information available there. How am I suppose to view or pay my bill, or manage my account?

To top it off, I ALSO tried using my AT&T info to sign into directv.com but that doesn't work either.

This is a complete dibacle.

Responses

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

3 y ago

I know this thread is old, but has there been a resolution? I cannot login to directv.com or apps using my AT&T ID either.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

3 y ago

This is still a problem for me as well. (I am a new customer and I made the mistake of combining the accounts) The single sign on the use is a mess of redirects that takes FOREVER even when you eventually get to where you want to go. but I can NEVER use anything on the directv.com website as any successful login results in the browser ending up at the att.com web-site. Any subsequent return to directv.com results in the broswer be not signed in

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

3 y ago

I'm still having this issue. I also have combined accounts. This has been ongoing for almost four weeks now.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

3 y ago

In response to the ATTDIRECTVCare posting on Jul 10, 2017 10:59 AM:

Thanks for lying to us all.

Now we know something new: Not only are you technically inept; you are also dishonest and truly do not care about keeping up your end of the bargain. ATT is literally denying us some of the services promised when we signed up. Can we all decide to just keep a portion of our payment?

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

3 y ago

I asked about getting a credit due to this issue, and I was told that it wasn’t possible because online access isn’t billed separately. What a joke. 

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

3 y ago

Another week, and I still can’t use my login to watch DIRECTV.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

3 y ago

This helped me resolve my issue today. In general I think there are numerous sloppy problems with the integration of these two systems; So this may or may not help you as well - but here is to hoping. 

I originally registered my directv account after getting my new service many months ago. Somehow my directv account became deregistered since then. I have no idea how. When I would login it would not tell me this it would simply leave me at the att.com site.  After going to the directv registration link below and completing that process again, I can now login.

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/register/register.jsp

My login is now my email address and a different password than the one I use for the myatt sight, but it works.

( Additionally my last name was spelled differently in the directv system vs the ATT. I had to guess at that to complete registration - but that was likely a problem unique to me)

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

3 y ago

Unfortunately, since I did not have DIRECTV prior to the merger, I don't have a separate account number I can use via the registration link above. I received a phone call on 12/3 saying that the issue was resolved; however, I'm still not able to stream on DIRECTV.com or login to the app.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

3 y ago

I signed up only 8 months ago. Did you try searching for a directv specific account number on the bill? 

When logged In to theMyAT site you can do the following:

1. Select  MyAT&T -> Billing & Payments
  2. In the drop down box toward the upper right select TV, Internet, and phone
  3. When you expand the DIRECTV section is "DIRECTV account number" listed

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

3 y ago

Unfortunately, I signed up for AT&T U-verse internet and DIRECTV at the same time. My account number for both is the same. When I use that account number on the registration page, it tells me I’m not a DIRECTV customer.

Scholar

• 

152 Messages

3 y ago

Try the following link:  https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/login

Please note, top left of display at "SIGN IN", the instructions: " Use your AT&T credentials... only if...combined..."  I didn't bundle my AT&T service with my DTV service so I use my DirecTV account credentials.  

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

3 y ago

Yeah. I’ve tried my AT&T credentials. It just loops me back to the account overview page.

Scholar

• 

152 Messages

3 y ago

Did you setup a separate DirecTV Account PRIOR to the AT&T - DirecTV merger?  If so, are the same credentials?  If not, use the DirecTV credentials.  Sorry for the confusion.

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

3 y ago

No. I did not have a DIRECTV account prior to signing up for DIRECTV/U-verse Internet. I had an AT&T wireless account already and those are the credentials I use to login. I didn’t receive a new login when service was installed. All of my accounts show up on the account overview page, but the Watch TV link just sends me in a redirect back to the account overview page.

Scholar

• 

152 Messages

3 y ago

Rut Roh - then it does look as if the issue is within AT&T unfortunately, with the combined services and one login credential.  Just wish they could get the ducks lined up, maybe one day.

Get started...

Ask a new question