SirMrJones's profile
SirMrJones
#1 Star!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Sep 16, 2015 2:02 AM

Problem signing into DirecTV.com - redirects to AT&T

I'm having a problem ever since this merger took place.
When ever I try signing into DirecTV.com it redirects to AT&T sign in page, but signing in either results in a "We're experiencing technical difficulties" message, or provides no means to manage the DirecTV account.

I also tried just going to AT&T's website manually (I type the url in) and sign into att.com, there's none of my DirecTV information available there. How am I suppose to view or pay my bill, or manage my account?

To top it off, I ALSO tried using my AT&T info to sign into directv.com but that doesn't work either.

This is a complete dibacle.

Responses

Tutor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

it is very simple.  used to be logging in only to directv everything was fine. after att took over they wanted to stick their paws into the directv account date via xss or crlss site scripting  . this is a bad thing.  this is from the console showing the unsafe xss error [NoScript XSS] Sanitized suspicious upload to [https://cprodmasx.att.com/commonLogin/igate_wam/login.do?_DARGS=/DTVAPP/content/component/old/loginComponent.jsp.loginForm###DATA###User+name+or+e-mail+address+is+required.%3C%21--+%40key%3A+error.login.username.required+--%3E] from [http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/login/loggedOut.jsp?_requestid=0000000]: transformed into a download-only GET request.

if I allow this unsafe reload via the att site my login redirects back to the directv site.  for some dumb reason att wants to know when I login to directv and the user and pw I use  this is b$ .

been with dtv for 10 years and seriosly considering leaving.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

I have the same problems with Directv since the merger. I have an I pro Pad $ IPhone 6...

Very Frustrating.... Directv nor Att were any help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

I'm having same problem as these people who posted over a year ago... & I have linked accounts as was suggested but still same problem..looks like you said you were looking into it ..please help

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

Forget the 800.531.5000 number.  They are totally out to lunch when you throw this question at them. They keep having you try the same things, even though you keep saying that you've already done that and it does not work.  My support person finally just hung up on me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

That does not work I've tried it hundreds of times for months now

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

And another unhappy customer, trying to sign into DirecTV and continue to be redirected to ATT main site. 

TScurlo

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 y ago

And another unhappy customer, trying to sign into DirecTV and continue to be redirected to ATT main site. 

This is the third time that this has happened to us in the last six months.

I've called Directv each time, they have fixed it each time, but it just keeps doing it.

I keep telling them every time....   I have ATT Cell Phone and Directv accounts and I don't want them

combined into one accessID, as they call it.

I'm telling you.... they are bent on h*ll to highwater to get everybody to combine their login ID's.... but I'm not

going to do it.

They created this mess of a Merger.....    they need to fix it!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

I just got off the phone with customer service. This DOES redirect you to the ATT site and asks you to "link". I have tried the account #, my phone # and email address. Nothing works! I am a long time ATT/ DTV customer. I am all but fed up with this nonsense. Customer service is an absolute joke. They told me to change my browser. All other bills I pay online are with this browser. I refuse to bend for one company. Going to be a Dish customer soon!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

It is amazing to see so many people having the same problem for so long!!  What a show!!  I want to make some changes to my channel lineup, can't do it!  I have been compalining about this issue since about NOVEMBER 2015!! If I am not contacted with a resolution this month I am going to resolve it by switching to DISH.

Garkeith@gmail.com is someone would like to fix my issue!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 y ago

Here we are, two years later and the problem still exists! Shameful!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 y ago

I've spent way tooooo many hours, days and weeks on this problem only to have it continue to come back!

I've been a DIRECTV customer for over 21 years.  I use to work for DIRECTV in the IT department.  This problem never would have been tolerated.  Clearly ATT no longer has the Customer focus that DTV once did. The only reason why I've stuck with DTV is because I am grandfathered into east coast network feeds.  I have finally reached the boiling point and am now ready to walk away from ATT and DIRECTV.  Thanks for the memories!

Community Support

• 

1.1K Messages

4 y ago

Hi,

We apologize about the issues. We did notice some issues over the weekend and have corrected it. If still having problems, try clearing your cache and cookies.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

This response from ATTDIRECTVCARE is no help at all. You're lying to customers. I've had this issue also since the merger and have yet to fix it. I just cleared all my cookies and cache, just like you suggest since this issue was supposedly fixed over the weekend, and tried to log in and I still get the same issue as clearly stated throughout this whole forum. Customer support has hung up on me after they had no idea what to do next. This is a serious issue. And I have complaints(Friends, Family, and Friends of friends) from hundreds of customers about this issue. It will be taken to a higher power or ATT will start losing customers.The customer support is NOT helpful. They only have a list of typical answers when you call for help. Once you get out of their "typical" responses. They have no help for you and sound like a broken record.  This is ridiculous for a company that stands behind how they are ALL about customer support. This issue alone shows how the company is NOT about their customers. Plain and simple.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

I am having the same problem and it is extremely frustrating.  I had to call directv to pay my bill and the customer service representatives don't seem to know what's going on either. They gave me the wrong information to log on to my site. Directv or ATT or Uverse or whatever you are called these days get your act together.  Your communication to your clients is below expectations!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

Just got off the phone with DirectTV (1-800-988-4682). Apparently when I agreed to have my bills merged with AT&T it killed my online account with DirectTV. The service agent noticed right away that I had "not yet set up an account." Well, since I have been watching DirectTV online for quite some time now, I figure the merge killed it! So I suggest going to directtv.com and "creating" an account again. You can use your account number, enter your email and a password, and you should be back on your way.

For those of you who have not yet agreed to the merge...DON'T DO IT!!! 8-)

Get started...

Ask a new question