SirMrJones's profile
SirMrJones
#1 Star!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Sep 16, 2015 2:02 AM

Problem signing into DirecTV.com - redirects to AT&T

I'm having a problem ever since this merger took place.
When ever I try signing into DirecTV.com it redirects to AT&T sign in page, but signing in either results in a "We're experiencing technical difficulties" message, or provides no means to manage the DirecTV account.

I also tried just going to AT&T's website manually (I type the url in) and sign into att.com, there's none of my DirecTV information available there. How am I suppose to view or pay my bill, or manage my account?

To top it off, I ALSO tried using my AT&T info to sign into directv.com but that doesn't work either.

This is a complete dibacle.

Responses

bjh81782

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

And it's working, finally!

The person I talked to from the office of the president called me back again and said she was able to work through the problem with their technical teams.  They basically removed my existing directv account and re-registered it.  I'm in now and all is well.

Good luck to everyone else.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

Glad it worked out for you.  Still have the same problem.  I filled out that office of the president complaint form to no avail.  Unbelievable.  Say what you want about TWC, at least I never had to deal with this crap.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

STILL cannot get this fixed.  I cancelled and went back to TWC.  Unbeleivable.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

I have had the same problem of being caught in their "loop" ( or WEB).  It's unbelievable the amount of time I've spent trying to access my Directv account.  Then am directed to ATT right back where I started.

Time to cut the cord or cable.

mamabd1

TexasBrit1

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

5 y ago

I have the reverse problem. When I log in with my uverse login, I go to a screen which tells me I have logged in with my DirecTv login (they are unfortunately the same, and I don't think anyone thought of that). That page has a link to log in to ATT but it takes me round the same loop. I finally got out of the loop by telling the system I had forgotten my uverse login, it sent me a reminder, with a link to a different place in the ATT site and I logged in OK.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

I was experiencing the same issue described throughout the thread and called the 1.800.988.4642. DTV support helped me resolved the issue by having me use Firefox vs. IE. DTV recommends using Chrome and says that they are working on consolidating customers with both accounts and its compatibility with IE. Thanks Raven/DirecTV - I thought of everything but switching browsers. Smiley Very Happy ~DT

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

I am having this same problem and am pretty much ready to cancel all services. Please let me know if and when there is some sort of a resolution. PLEASE!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

I'm having the opposite problem. When I try to log in to AT&T it takes me to my DirecTV account. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

Has there been any update on this debacle?  How is this remotely acceptable?

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

5 y ago

I had the same problem, but was able to solve it myself.  My issue was that my username was the same for both AT&T and DirecTV accounts.  I was unable to sign in to DirecTV, but I was able to sign into AT&T.  Once signed in to AT&T I changed my AT&T username so that it no longer matched my DirecTV username.  After doing this, the DirecTV website stopped redirecting me to AT&T. 

I hope this helps someone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

me too it worked the first month then when i payed my bill it stoped working. I was told the account number when its on one bill is supposed to be the same and they are not. I cant seem to get help from att or direct tv. they just keep telling me the other one has to fix it and I get throwm back and forth from att and direct tv. I am very sick of the bad custmer service. I use it when I have my cemotherpy for lyphomia.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

Anyone find a resolution yet? Seems my acct is doing the same thing now, too. I tried changing my att login name, no use. Now directv says my email is invalid, and the att username isn't authorized....so confused.
prem tech

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 y ago

Still looking for resolution on this HUGE problem! Since we get employee discounts, we can't connect our different accounts. But we can NOT log into Directv...we've made hundreds of phone calls, tried all of their recommendations...NOTHING. I can not update payment for Directv unless I call them and play "Let's waste half an hour of my life".  I can't get any type of Directv app or do any kind of ANYTHING from the Directv website...because I can not access it. Which makes it like half of what it should be for me. Frustrating barely covers it. Angry scratches the surface.

[word filter avoidance]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

So uh? Did they fix it? I'm having problems to. I believe the reason for mine is that my Dtv login and my AT&T cell login are the same email address. So whenever I try to login to the app or website, it's recognizing it as a AT&T access email and redirecting me. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

I'm in the same boat. Not being able to combine stuff and still get the discounts kind of sucks. My Dtv bill I've just been paying every three months instead of every month because it's not connected with my internet and phone. 

Get started...

Ask a new question