SirMrJones's profile
SirMrJones
#1 Star!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Sep 16, 2015 2:02 AM

Problem signing into DirecTV.com - redirects to AT&T

I'm having a problem ever since this merger took place.
When ever I try signing into DirecTV.com it redirects to AT&T sign in page, but signing in either results in a "We're experiencing technical difficulties" message, or provides no means to manage the DirecTV account.

I also tried just going to AT&T's website manually (I type the url in) and sign into att.com, there's none of my DirecTV information available there. How am I suppose to view or pay my bill, or manage my account?

To top it off, I ALSO tried using my AT&T info to sign into directv.com but that doesn't work either.

This is a complete dibacle.

Responses

SirMrJones

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

And... it's happening again. I really am getting sick of this. I'll try resetting my password... again. Very upset that they can't get this fixed.
tony520

Scholar

• 

113 Messages

6 y ago

If you haven't done it yet call this number it's the DRV online solution center 18009884642 they in ally where able to fix mine , the difference I see now is after I log into DIRECTV.com it takes me to AT&T site I have to pick DIRECTV acct and then I'm signed into Dtv

bjh81782

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

I too am having the same issue and no one I have talked to has seemed to know how to fix it.  It's not browser related for me either.  I keep getting told the issue is being escalated and someone will call me in 48 hours but no one ever does.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

Same problem here.  Has been "escalated" on three different occasions with a 48 hour fix guaranteed, but no one ever calls.  They have no idea how to fix it.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

Has anyone been able to get this resolved?  I just heard back from DirecTV.  They reset my password to no avail, then said that the issue is AT&T's and to call them directly.  Unbelievable.  This seems to be a simple solution: FIX THE ENDLESS LOOP REDIRECT BETWEEN AT&T AND DIRECTV WEBSITES?  Honestly how hard can that be?

This is a complete mess and they have no clue how to fix it.

I will give it another week before I revert back to Time Warner.

bjh81782

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

Hasn't been fixed for me yet. I did finally talk to someone else who
actually tried it on his side and got the same results. He supposedly
created a ticket to their IT group to look into it. Not holding my breath.

twinter11

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 y ago

Hi, I have been having the same issue and will try to explain what worked for me, at least it worked today. Close all browsers. Open up new browsing session. Clear cache and cookies. Go to Directv through address bar or search, not through a bookmark. Hover over Sign In/Register My Account on top right of page, NOT in the sign in area on middle left. Fill in your log in credentials. Mine worked first time, did not go to/through ATT sign in. Will see if it continues to work.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

Thanks for the suggestion.  Tried that on all three web browsers to no avail.

bjh81782

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

Same for me....tried on multiple browsers with cache cleared and it did not
work.

twinter11

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 y ago

I had a problem signing in again tonight.

I use Firefox. Closed Directv tab, closed browser, did not clear cookies/cache, search Directv, hover top right sign in, log in, BOOM worked!  Maybe keep trying. Good Luck!

twinter11

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 y ago

PS  The problem I had signing in tonight was the never ending " hang on, were signing you in", and one time it was the ATT log in page.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

this is a joke.   I got my password reset the other day and now I can't log in again.   May have to change services cause my bill went up.

bjh81782

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

It's a complete joke. Incompetence at it's finest. Won't be with them
much longer if they can't get this resolved.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

Totally agree.

bjh81782

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

Someone actually called me back from the office of the president after I filled this form out:

She seems to be on top of it.

I had also tweeted @Anonymous and @att and received a response from @attcares  with the following explanation:

"I understand your concerns. Let me explain. As you know, DIRECTV is now part of the AT&T Family. As such, customers can access their DIRECTV and AT&T accounts from either http://directv.com  or http://myatt.com . We have identified some accounts that are not syncing the log ins and these have to be sent to our Web Support Team for resolution. That is what is happening with your account. I know it is frustrating, but we consider the issue to be a priority. I see that you spoke with a member of our Office Of The President Team today and your issue was sent for resolution. "

That's more information than I had received from anyone else.

We'll see if they actually get it fixed now.

Get started...

Ask a new question