Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
SirMrJones

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Sep 16, 2015 2:02 AM

Problem signing into DirecTV.com - redirects to AT&T

I'm having a problem ever since this merger took place.
When ever I try signing into DirecTV.com it redirects to AT&T sign in page, but signing in either results in a "We're experiencing technical difficulties" message, or provides no means to manage the DirecTV account.

I also tried just going to AT&T's website manually (I type the url in) and sign into att.com, there's none of my DirecTV information available there. How am I suppose to view or pay my bill, or manage my account?

To top it off, I ALSO tried using my AT&T info to sign into directv.com but that doesn't work either.

This is a complete dibacle.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

3 years ago

I was able to fix this issue by signing into the DirecTV site with the e-mail address that is identified as my AT&T Access ID, rather than with a sub account.  I did the following:

1)  Clicked the Forgot ID option when logging into the DirecTV site.

2)  Found the AT&T Access ID in the e-mail sent to my primary contact e-mail address.

3)  Reset the password for the AT&T Access ID using the Forgot Password option on the DirecTV site.

4)  Signed into the DirecTV site using the AT&T Access ID and was able to stream programming.

The thing that confused the issue was that I am able to use the sub account e-mail address on other devices to authenticate as a DirecTV subscriber, but not on my PC.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like to pay my DirecTV acct. When I try to log in on my DirecTV acct. I'm asked to enter my ATT ID and password. I have been unable to link to my DirecTV acct. on MyAtt.  How do I log in and pay my DirecTV acct. online, now that ATT and DirecTV have merged?

Sky456

Former Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

5 years ago

What happens when you enter your AT&T ID when trying to log into Directv?

The best thing to do may be to contact customer support directly and see if an account reset will help at all. Either by chat/e-mail: Support or by calling 1-800-531-5000.

SirMrJones

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I'm experiencing the same issue.

I tried using my AT&T account Username and PW to sign in, just on a whim, and it didn't work. Instead it gives the following message;

"We noticed you tried to sign in
with your AT&T user ID and password.

If you'd like to manage your existing AT&T account, please go to att.com/myatt."

I've been trying to get this addressed for a couple weeks now, and mostly they can't seem tounderstand the problem. This is a total mess.

SirMrJones

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I should add that signing into DirecTV with my DirecTV info just redirects the site to att.com log in page. Signing into that provides absoltely no means to manage my DirecTV account.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

tony520

Scholar

• 

111 Messages

5 years ago

I had this ever problem  i was given this phone 1-800-988-4642 after reseting by password several times and the next day back to square one. they finally found a fix i have not had any problem since the last reset. call them you might have have to wait for a while for them to answer depending what time you call.

tony520

Scholar

• 

111 Messages

5 years ago

had the same problem they finally figured out how to fix it after weeks on the phone and assuring my it was fixed to only have the same problem the next day here is the phone# 1-800-988-4682 it might be a little while before they answer depending on the time you call

wstegemann

Former Employee

• 

280 Messages

5 years ago

If you are a DIRECTV customer you should still be able to manage your account at DIRECTV.com. 

Are you trying to reset your password? This does redirect to the AT&T site but once you finish the process you will be signed into directv.com. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

This happens to me, too. I am NOT trying to change password for Direct TV.  I want to get copies of my statements and keep getting redirected to ATT and then this: sorry you caught us at bad time message comes - this has gone on for 2 months

wstegemann

Former Employee

• 

280 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for the update. Doing some digging it looks like this is being investigated and worked on. I'm not sure when this is set to be fixed yet. I hate to not have a better answer than this but if I get an update I'll pass it on. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.4K Messages

5 years ago

@wstegemann wrote:

Thank you for the update. Doing some digging it looks like this is being investigated and worked on. I'm not sure when this is set to be fixed yet. I hate to not have a better answer than this but if I get an update I'll pass it on. 

I have no problem getting to directv.com or logging into my directv account, but I have not combined that account with my ATT account, so perhaps that is what is behind the issue.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Can't login to att anymore says email, password or certificate invalid and the only thing that changed was att came on board
SirMrJones

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Well, I managed to reset my password. Not sure why that works, but it does. Seems like the union of DirecTV and AT&T caused some issues with accounts, possibly invalidating passwords.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

it seems to have been a problem with browser-Firefox
SirMrJones

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Not for me, as I tried it in several browsers.

Get started...

Ask a new question