Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
T

• 

1 Message

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 9:34 AM

on my bill I have 25.00 charge for advanced receiver service hows it benefit me I have the 8.99 warranty deal

billing 

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

a month ago

That is for the DVR fees and Whole Home and is charged even if you don't have the protection plan.

The protection plan covers the shipping cost of replacement receivers and service calls and replacing remotes.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

a month ago

One is required for the monthly service you have, the other is optional additional protection beyond the warranty.

Advanced Receiver Services $25 is required. It covers HD, DVR, and Whole Home DVR service in one line item. Most likely one of your boxes is a Genie, so all 3 services are mandatory for the type of equipment you have. This is not protection, warranty, or anything of the like. This is for the services you use each month.

Equipment Protection Plan $8.99 is optional. Covers service calls ($99), delivery of replacement boxes ($19.95), and remotes ($15). Without the plan the boxes are still under warranty since you don't own them, so you don't have to pay $499 or such to replace a box, just cover delivery as needed. Personally I find the one-time costs cheaper in the long run as you shouldn't have to use the Protection Plan enough to make it the better value.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question