Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tue, Sep 13, 2016 9:27 AM

NFL Sunday Ticket

I didn't want this, didn't use it last year and don't intend to pay for it this year. Somebody better tell me how to cancel this crap or I will simply end my service and switch to Dish. Makes no difference to me. 

Responses

brisak

Professor

• 

1.4K Messages

4 years ago

There is this item called a telephone 1800directv Simply call and tell them you do not want sunday ticket. Threatning to cancell service will get you nothing

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for your helpful response, dipstick. I know what a phone is. I am out of the country and can't call an 800 number. And calls from China are very expensive even if I had a local number to call. I won't be back until the end of the month. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

And just to be clear, it looks like a lot of people have issues with this type of practice if you see how many people are complaining about it. This is very poor customer service when you make your customer actively cancel an expensive service like NFL Sunday Ticket. It is exactly the kind of thing they always accuse Comcast or other cable companies of doing. And it isn't right and it isn't fair. There was no warning, no request for me to order it, no question if I wanted it or not. They were just hoping people wouldn't notice and get stuck with it like I did. I will complain to the BBB in addition to my complaints on here. Those type of practices are unfair and boarder line illegal. Must be the ATT influence. DirecTV used to be better than this. 

Scrambles

Scholar

• 

145 Messages

4 years ago

You're posting to other customers right now.  No one that would have access to your account.  So...  there's that.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

39.3K Messages

4 years ago

You say you had it last year, so why did you wait a year to cancel it? You probably got it free last year as a new subscriber. By getting it free, you also signed up to automatically renew it for this year. You could have cancelled anytime before the first game. It is now past the first game. Good luck. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

@DonGarrett and how are we supposed to know you are overseas? As other have posted, you had an entire year to cancel, got notices on your bill statements of the auto renewals, but waited after the season started to cancel. according to DIRECTV policy, you can't cancel after the season started, which was last week.

Get started...

Ask a new question