Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Feb 24, 2016 3:22 AM

New Direct tv customer care email addrress

What is the new Direct tv customer care email addrress? I tried sending an email detailing billing problem to the address they provided me a couple of months ago, but that address no longer seems to work. It would be a lot more effecient to clear this matter up by regular email.

Responses

JR5316

Former Employee

• 

61 Messages

5 years ago

I believe they have removed the email function. You can always chat in directly and get the matter taken care of. Much quicker than the phones, and pretty efficient as well.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry, in my considered opinion, that is an absurd statement.

Email is often the most efficient method to handle a dispute. I spent some two hours on a chat with reps yesterday and basically got nowhere because they could not access the needed records/digital recordings from their workstations. I could have easily attached the needed digital material to an email, and that would have sped us to a satisfactory resolution to the dispute.

In fact, I had a similar thing happen a few months back, and nothing got done until I was able to explain the problem in a email. Direct TV needs to bring this option back--- and in my case, immediately would be nice.

As it is, since chat couldn't solve it, they instructed me to use the call-in method instead. That is problematic because in the past I have found that you sometimes get a lousy connection (I'm a little hard of hearing to begin with), have to set up to make a time-stamped recording of the conversation, and basically--you wait, and wait. . . and wait. And again, nothing got accomplished cy calling in last time this happened until we began exchanging emails. So, you can imagine how much I'm looking forward to disrupting my day again to make the call.

Believe it or not, a lot of us have very buzy lives, and don't appreciate having to work later to make up for a vendor's inefficiency.

So, don't try to tell me that even simple disputes are solved more easily those other ways. Emails are often clearly better, and that option should be available to customers. It also gives everyone a transparent record of what was communicated that everyone should be able to access when memories start getting fuzzy. Plus, it gives everyone more time to look through records to more accurately answer questions that arise.

Please kick this email post up to management. You are doing your customers a disservice by not having this function.

JR5316

Former Employee

• 

61 Messages

5 years ago

This is a peer to peer forum, so noone is kicking anything to anyone, I apologize. However, the email feature has been removed. If its permanent, who knows. DIRECTV tells you that your calls are recorded for quality or training reasons, these calls cannot be pulled directly without a subpoena from the courts. Belive me, I've tried to have them pull mine. However, ultimately, I was told that the supervisor of the agent I was speaking with would pull it and use it for training the agent in how to handle my situation. I never heard the call, nor was it forwarded to me in any way. You can always email their office of the president, but all I got from them was a FAQs page, and another page with a discount offer.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Then I'm sure glad that I routinely record/timestamp vendor phone calls on my end.

Thanks for the input-- I'm hoping to have some time tomorrow for calling in and straightening out this billing mess that they have created. I'll try to pull the relevant parts of the previous calls in question so I can play them for the rep while we talk. This has been a real headache.

JR5316

Former Employee

• 

61 Messages

5 years ago

Sounds good! Let me know how it goes, I may need to start implementing that into my chats with the reps on the phone!

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

5 years ago

I sure do hope you are informing the person that you are recording the conversation. If not you might want to look up laws on that.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

A.) I live in a one-party state. And 

B.) Once the companys informs you that they are recording, there is no longer an expectation of privacy. 

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

5 years ago

While that maybe true but when you call a company the reps normally aren't in the same state as you. So therefore the law states when you are calling another ,it's kind of a grey area, but it states you have to go by the strictest which would be both parties have to consent.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I appreciate your concern and input. However, they are in my state-about a mile and a half away from my office, in fact. That came out during earlier negotiations back in September when I terminated my original contract.

I agree that transparency is best, and I'm pretty sure I did inform at least one of the reps in this case, but to be honest I would have to listen to the recordings to make sure. Anyway, as I understand it, under federal law once both parties agree to having a recording made, it doesn't matter who is doing it. Indeed, I have no idea who was recording it on the other end-the rep? their supervisor? An automated system? The janitor? How many recordings are being made? How would they be distributed and who would be reviewing those recordings? I was never informed of any of that, and does it really matter? After all, it's being recorded by someone, and everyone involved explicitly knows and accepts the fact that we are exchanging verbal communication in a recorded environment. It's not all that grey--consent is consent.

By the way, I also was typing up contemporaneous time-stamped notes on my PC while we talked-and that is also a form of digital recording. I type rather loudly (comes from my days as a TV reporter), and I'm sure they could hear me doing it on the other end, because you can sure hear it on the recordings.

Isn't it sad that you can't trust a vendor to follow through on what they promise without having to go to such lengths to document everything? Direct TV should be ashamed of their inadequate customer care protocols. During a nearly two-hour chat session, I was told that the reps can't access the recordings to double-check what customers tell them. How messed up is that?

Get started...

Ask a new question