Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
P

• 

1 Message

Tue, Aug 11, 2020 2:50 AM

My Directv contract is over on September 19,2020

I do not want to renew my contract which will be over on September 19,2020. When I pay my last month on August 20,2020 should I call and set up cancellation for September 19, 2020? and how do I return your equipment?

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

22.9K Messages

2 months ago

There is no such thing as renewal of a contract with DirecTV. When your current service agreement is over, you are just month to month. There is no requirement that must be in an agreement to continue service. Starting service has a 24 month agreement. After that agreements are only if you accept something that comes with an agreement, such as an upgrade of equipment.

If you do not wish to continue service, then you call DirecTV to cancel. Suggested to call at the end of your service month to get the most out of what you pay as there is no proration.

You mention August 20th and Sept 19th. Check your service dates. Auto bill pay is normally on day 2 of your service month, with listed due date (if not on auto pay) being day 20. So if your payment is on August 20th, then the last day of the service month shouldn't be the 19th. Just a caution so you don't end up going a month further than you meant, or cancelling too soon loosing out on days paid for.

What models are your boxes? Not all are returnable. For any that are, here are the instructions (but only after service is no longer working).

How To Return The Equipment 

Go to a FedEx or UPS location with your account #. No need to bring a box or label, the equipment will be boxed it up & shipped out at no charge. The process takes less than 5 minutes. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question