Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
echodun

Mentor

• 

15 Messages

Sun, Dec 20, 2015 6:10 AM

I can't access my linked DirecTV equipment/plan or anything else related to DirecTV on AT&T website

I get the following error message no matter what I type:

We are unable to support your request online. For help call customer care at 1-800-288-2020. (SVCDTVBCK)

Customer Care has no idea what's going on.  So far I'm sadly disappointed about this great idea about merging my AT&T account and my DirecTV account.

DirecTV's website just takes me back to AT&T's.  The whole thing is a colossal mess.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

echodun

Mentor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Well after giving the AT&T Chat Support one more chance they finally helped me out.  It's actually fairly straightforward.

TO ACCESS YOUR DIRECTV PLAN AND EQUIPMENT AFTER A MERGED ACCOUNT DO THE FOLLOWING:

1.  Login to the AT&T Website with your DirecTV username and password.

2.  Select the following option:  Go to DIRECTV.com to manage your account

That's it!  You can now select your equipment and plans as if you logged into the DirecTV website originally.  It's odd how you can't just login to the DirecTV website from the beginning, but that's how it works for now.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

5 years ago

DTVs support forum website has been merged into ATT and is no longer available.

You are not the only one with problems after merging you accounts hopefully they will fix it soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I've had the same problem beginning about a week ago.  I also think it has to do with combined billing.  What a mess.

echodun

Mentor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Funny thing is, their tech support called me and wanted me to stay on the line with them while we went through the issue.  I told them it was very straightforward and I didn't have the time to help them with their internal programming issues.  It's simple.  I can't access my DirecTV equipment, plan, etc. since the merger of the accounts.  They replied they couldn't help me unless I worked through the issue with them.  

I'm all for troubleshooting an issue with my providers if it's something particular to my end, but this is clearly an internal problem that they just need to fix.  It shouldn't take my time to help them troubleshoot their problematic infrastructure.   Just fix it.  You know what it's doing, I'm obviously not the only one with the problem...so do something about it.

Meanwhile...weeks later and it's still not fixed.  Oh, but I'm getting some money off my bill for the merged accounts right?  Yea me!  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Glad that solution worked for you, but my old DirecTV login is no longer valid.  A few days ago the DirecTV portion of AT&T's site did work for me.  Two days later, still popping up the error message.

mjayboyd

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Jeez, that's the one and only thing that is still working correctly for me with dtv. I can still log into dtv web site and this forum directly. As for the HR34 they sent me to replace the HH34 that was having issues, not so much. Go figure.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

does not work on my system, still cannot get to direct tv anymore to log in.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Thanks for the tip on the Direct TV access.

However, I had all of At &t's services (uverse, Direct TV wireless family, small business, Digital life, internet etc).  I have never seen such a mess with online access to your services.  Access ID, member ID, username ID, Linked accounts, passwords & account numbers!  I bundled thinking it would be much simpler to everything with one company...  However, it has turned into a huge nightmare.  We are still trying to get everything straightened out.  

What a mess...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am already sick and tired as well as sorry for getting U-verse, wi-fi and the home phone package.   AT&T just plasters their GD ads over and over again even on the home pages.  I made the mistake of looking at men's shoes just once.....now my home page is plastered with ads for the identical item's I looked at or actually bought.  Intrusive ads with screaming ads are shoved everywhere even before the 1st page of what I clicked on appears.  This is disgusting and AT&T/YAHOO refer to ads as being served.  Greedy and inconsiderate and getting worse with it's teenagers crap and ads inserted right between the articles selling worthless objects. 

I  plan to quit ATT/Yahoo fed providers within the year as unfortunately, the penalties to quit.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

a year ago

HELP!!!!!!

My DirecTV account was transferred to dumb AT&T, and now I can NOT access my DirecTV online to get to my account or pay my bill. I have been trying for over 5 months to get help....no one at either AT&T or DirecTV can help me. I HATE AT&T.

Get started...

Ask a new question