Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Fri, Feb 21, 2020 8:40 PM

How to I let management know they're losing a 19 year client

I've been a loyal client for almost 20 years. Since ATT took over the service has gone down considerably and the cost is going up exponentially. I can get competing service from Verizon FIOS for $90 per month for 425 channels. That's 75 more channels for $110 a month less!! This is how you treat a loyal client. I'm contacting Verizon and switching service. You just lost a client.

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

a month ago

This is a customer to customer forum and the few DTV/AT&T employees here are on their own time.

The content providers keep raising their price for their channels causing all providers to raise their rates. Verizon doesn't have to build and launch multi million dollar satellites.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.4K Messages

a month ago

Call DirecTV and when you get the voice system say "cancel". That will route you to their retention/cancellation department. You do not speak to "management" directly. They get their reports.

Just because you don't like the price, doesn't mean they are treating you badly. Networks charge the TV providers more and more to be carried, and so DirecTV like other companies has had to raise cost to not operate at a loss. This has happened for years before AT&T acquired them.

If price doesn't work for you, then see if a different package would be a better fit. In the end if you cannot afford it, don't expect the company to put a price you want. They have to make a profit still and service by satellite is not cheap. Verizon puts multiple services on the same lines so tries to cut cost that way. If it is a better fit for you then go for it. For many others, DirecTV is still the better choice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…