Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Thu, May 11, 2017 7:32 PM

How to file a complaint with DirecTV????

Gentlemen:  I want to file a formal complaint regarding the abusive behavior of a call center employee for Direct TV.

I am moving to another state and I cancelled my CenturyLink broadband on May 11, 2017 giving two weeks’ notice. I was then transferred at about 10:00 am MDT by them to a Direct TV call center to cancel that service.

The Direct TV employee ignored my request to cancel service and kept me on the line for about 20 minutes while he insisted, against my protests, to give me “deal” after “deal”. I just wanted to cancel. He threatened me with a $200 penalty fee plus two $20 dollar penalties for cancelling. I told him that I had read the contract and the two $20 fees were appropriate but the $200 fee was not. He insisted that I was going to have to pay at least $240 to cancel.

Fed up, I asked to be transferred to his supervisor. He would not. He started to cover his tracks by stating things for the recording which were NOT truthful. He was threatening ($240), covering his behavior with false statements and, in the end, would not transfer me to a supervisor. He placed me on hold, came back to me once to see if I was still there, then cut me off my transferring me to the incoming message box which announced that “all representatives are busy”. He will tell you that was an accident, or I hung up or some other business that was not his fault.

I called back to Direct TV about 10:30 MDT and was connected to a supervisor who put in a cancellation order for me. I asked him to follow up on my oral complaint. He said he would but that the rep may have been at another call center so he would have to forward it.

Please listen to the last 5 minutes of the recording of my May 11, 2017, 10:00 am (approximately) telephone conversation with this rogue representative. Never in my life have I been so abused like this on the telephone as a customer.

DTV Acct: ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

4 months ago

@mensite6200 wrote:

I cant even get them to come and fix my directv,has been out going on 4 weeks now

Though we have no way to make an appointment available for you, perhaps we could help find a solution that might not need a tech. Would suggest starting your own thread of the issue so it doesn't get lost in unrelated replies.

Fully describe the issue (symptoms, error messages, etc.)

What are the models of each box you have?

What troubleshooting already tried? (be specific please)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I cancelled my account over they are still sending me bills for fees and services. One department doesn't know what the other department is doin . This is my 5th call to get this resolved. each call is over 30 minutes. So your self a favor don't get a direct tv account!!!!

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

1 month ago

Seems like DirecTV is a scam now. Used to be pretty good until the merger. Seems I'm not the only one that has been lied to, given the runaround, "transferred" but disconnected, no notes put on the account. What a joke they have you call and call and call and promise you things then wait until you give up. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

1 month ago

In 2018 I walked into AT&T store to inquire on services, sales rep Lisbeth Bravo at the 19049 location misled me with a 24 month contract. Told me it was a 12 month term and the contract would expire nov 2019. I budget and in Oct of 2019 called to inquire on what promotions they were having and if I choose to stay for another year. I called in 3 times, only to experience extended holds and to be told to call back until another week. After calling in the last time (nov 2019 end of my contract) they said they had no specials and my bill would be over $111 each month for a basic package. I made the representative aware that I could not afford such a bill and to cancel my contract. I received an email a week later that I don’t need to return box. Then yesterday I received an email of notification of early termination fee. After over hour wait and spoke with 3 representatives, for the first time (yesterday) I was made aware of the 24 month term Lisbeth established under my name without my consent.
Directv does not provide receipt at in person visit, direct tv only specified my 12 month term on my monthly paper statements. I was never told or provided a contract with 24 month agreement.
Directv employee is unethical and directv mislead contracts. I do not recommend that company for services since they condone unethical sales practices.
They deserve zero stars.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

1 month ago

Wow that is really unfortunate. Pretty easy job when you can literally tell the customer whatever you want. The first couple of times I called in the reps transferred me to numbers that were no longer in service, ofcourse after waiting to talk to them for over 30 minutes. I guess they figure people will just give up. Zero stars for sure. That would be great if the FCC or whoever made them record every call. Man that would be amazing.

• 

2 Messages

2 weeks ago

DIRECT-TV and AT&T offer me a promotion for 1 year and said I'll be paying 45$ every month. which did happen.

I told them this is how much I am able to pay because of my financial situation. So we agree for me to use their promotion and 9 months later I got internet for 30$ as well. 1 year later I got a bill saying that my services change and my new bill is 103$ a month, So I called them and said this was not our agreement I even request for the recording because everything is recorded and they say there unable to provide me that, and they said I am in a contract for 24 months, which I was not aware of, so I ask to cancel the cable because I can't afford it and they said ok and then said I have to pay a 120$ for early termination fee, and each representive I speak to tells me something different and also after canceling my service they said my bill is 269$, But I still have the internet so when I paid the internet for 30$ they still suspended my account because they said the cable and the internet is combined, So when I got angry and ask to cancel my internet as well they said I have to pay another early termination fee for 120$ which add up to 369$ this is insane and they are scamming people, I recorded every word we talked about, they were so rude this is their names of some of them Danika, Bianca,Missy and Lidia . there's other's I forgot there names but they were so Rude and aggressive. They really need to take actions of these companies that are scamming people LIVE.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

@cherydarlene

Intro discounts are for 1 year. Though total cost cannot be guaranteed, as they don't control taxes, they should still verify cost before taxes which is also listed on the order confirmation.

DirecTV agreements are for 24 months because of value of equipment and install provided. It is worth $20 for each month remaining. This would also be listed on the order confirmation.

If agent gave the expectation that DirecTV would always be around $45, that is bad. Even the 2nd lowest package (Select) is over $50 before receiver services, taxes, etc. The Family package is $29.99, so is the only one to have a chance to be around your low price point depending on your other costs on the service.

Calls are only randomly recorded or monitored. This is for quality assurance and training, not record keeping. Though a request via a supervisor can be done, it is unlikely for any specific call to be available.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.