Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Mar 5, 2018 8:09 PM

How do you file a complaint against direct tv for unresolved issues regarding my bill

Hello I am very dissatisfied with the service recieved from agents and supervisors with direct TV. The agents and supervisors have given me several different reasons for my having received a Ballon bill in February 2018. They initially told me that I was being charged for equipment that wasnt returned. I actually dropped that equipment off at the FedEx location that was given to me by direct TV. I also took it a step further and call the same day and gave an agent the tracking number. After this was verified I am now being told that I was charged for equipment and installatiin for new genie minis. I recieved a free offer in the mail and before I took advantage of that offer I asked the operator several times to verify that everything was free.... equipment, installation, etc. The agent verified that it was all free. Now I'm being told that I am being charged for it. Not only is this unfair to me. But to add insult to injury agents and supervisors that I have spoken to have been uncaring, rude, confused, supplied varying reasons for charges, and have lied to me on several occasions. I have spoken to about 10-15 operators and 2 supervisors. Each one telling me they were going to escalate the issue find some resolution and call me back. I've not recieved one call back. Each time I call I am connected to someone that provides the same lackluster service as the agents before them. I have been with direct TV for atleast 15 years maybe even longer. I have been disrespected and disillusioned by my treatment regarding this issue and I can't believe that I have paid so much money to direct TV and have gotten so little respect and no resolution. 

Responses

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

I had the same issue about the #free upgrade. I verified everything would be free before agreeing. And to my surprise my bill went up over $50! I never would have upgraded had I known because my bill is already high enough!!! 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

10 months ago

@PoohAnna wrote:

I had the same issue about the #free upgrade. I verified everything would be free before agreeing. And to my surprise my bill went up over $50! I never would have upgraded had I known because my bill is already high enough!!! 

That should not have happened. 

I assume you had standard definition that was "upgraded" to HiDef equipment?

Perhaps they sold you on upgrading rather than the free swap.  Compare you prior and current bills .... what changed?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

I initally called in because I was having problems with one of my receivers. When I called I was told I was up for a free upgrade to the Genie and services. I completely asked specifically to make sure there was no catch that everything was free. I was also told that everyone would have to upgrade receivers at some point due to local channels. Even after equipment was set up my channels didn't work and so someone had to come back and the channels weren't upgraded to HD. Sad thing is the first time I was told about the upgrade, I couldn't get it because I had a past due balance so they told me to call back after it was taken care of so I did after I paid the bill so my account was supposed to be noted with everything. I then verified with the other rep and was assured the same thing. But once I paid attention to the bill I wasn't happy. I wish these calls where recorded because I feel like it's just my word against theirs when I call with issues. 
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

10 months ago

@PoohAnna wrote:

Sounds more like an upgrade than the complimentary MPEG swap. However, even if an upgrade, it would not raise the monthly charges by $50 if you were not adding TVs. If you have only SD basic receivers (not DVR), then the most an upgrade could add would be $10 HD, $10 DVR, and $3 Whole Home DVR (total $23). If added mid-month, you would have partial charges for those services from day of activation to end of bill month, but still wouldn't reach $50 as that would be over 2 full months of those services. I would check the exact line items of that bill compared to the last to see what else is in there.

If you still have them, what are the models of your old boxes and what did you receive?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

Also I have been a customer since 2004!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

I am in the same boat right now with you. They have done the same thing to my 79 year old father who is not computer savvy so he called me to try to do something about his issues with Direct TV and when I read your complaint I see a lot of the same things he told me as well as them sales calling him to add more channels and he tells them no he gets billed for channels he never requested to sign up for and they are still billing him after he cancelled and returned the equipment and he has called them and has gotten no where and now he is upset because it is a negative on his credit report since he refuses to pay a bill for a service he has not had and he has excellent credit. I will not let this rest, I plan on fighting to get this corrected!

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

👤 Better business bureau
+1 (703) 276-0100

👤 Federal Communications Commission
http://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Can you please let me know if you’re issue was resolved I am currently experiencing the same issue and all i keep getting is the run around and know they want to put the account on collections 

• 

2 Messages

4 weeks ago

I've been billed for 2 mini genie's. I was told they would credit my account which hasn't happened. I called today and the supervisor was to call me back which was 3 hrs ago.
I need to know how to report them.