Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Mar 5, 2018 8:09 PM

How do you file a complaint against direct tv for unresolved issues regarding my bill

Hello I am very dissatisfied with the service recieved from agents and supervisors with direct TV. The agents and supervisors have given me several different reasons for my having received a Ballon bill in February 2018. They initially told me that I was being charged for equipment that wasnt returned. I actually dropped that equipment off at the FedEx location that was given to me by direct TV. I also took it a step further and call the same day and gave an agent the tracking number. After this was verified I am now being told that I was charged for equipment and installatiin for new genie minis. I recieved a free offer in the mail and before I took advantage of that offer I asked the operator several times to verify that everything was free.... equipment, installation, etc. The agent verified that it was all free. Now I'm being told that I am being charged for it. Not only is this unfair to me. But to add insult to injury agents and supervisors that I have spoken to have been uncaring, rude, confused, supplied varying reasons for charges, and have lied to me on several occasions. I have spoken to about 10-15 operators and 2 supervisors. Each one telling me they were going to escalate the issue find some resolution and call me back. I've not recieved one call back. Each time I call I am connected to someone that provides the same lackluster service as the agents before them. I have been with direct TV for atleast 15 years maybe even longer. I have been disrespected and disillusioned by my treatment regarding this issue and I can't believe that I have paid so much money to direct TV and have gotten so little respect and no resolution. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I initally called in because I was having problems with one of my receivers. When I called I was told I was up for a free upgrade to the Genie and services. I completely asked specifically to make sure there was no catch that everything was free. I was also told that everyone would have to upgrade receivers at some point due to local channels. Even after equipment was set up my channels didn't work and so someone had to come back and the channels weren't upgraded to HD. Sad thing is the first time I was told about the upgrade, I couldn't get it because I had a past due balance so they told me to call back after it was taken care of so I did after I paid the bill so my account was supposed to be noted with everything. I then verified with the other rep and was assured the same thing. But once I paid attention to the bill I wasn't happy. I wish these calls where recorded because I feel like it's just my word against theirs when I call with issues. 
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

3 years ago

You can send a private message via this forum to @ATTDIRECTVCare

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tour_Guy_Bob

Scholar

• 

243 Messages

3 years ago

@WEmbry

If the service provided by agents and the like is unsatisfactory, feel free to contact corporate here: https://www.att.com/gen/investor-relations?pid=27794

Tutor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am fed up with Direct TV.  The equipment is useless and I was just billed $280 for a month of service!  After more than 10 years as a customer with two accounts, moving to another provider!

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

2 years ago

AT&TDIRECT Cares is no longer taking PMs so the only way to contact DTV is by calling or chatting unless AT&TDIRECT Cares sends you a request for a PM.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

They don't call you back as promised.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

2 years ago

Speak English not your internal acronyms.
PM, etc.
I don't work for ATT and don't knew your vernacular.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

2 years ago

PM = private message.

Employees of either  company have that fact disclosed in a box similar to the ACE box. 

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

2 years ago

I have been on the phone abd chatting for almost 3 months with nothing
being done to fix the issue.

I was told to PM and did same by your "tech support" dept with no
resolution.

Your phone support is of no use.

Your supervisors scheduled several dates and times tgat they would
contactme regarding the incident ticket and NEVER followed through by
calling and are never available when I call but I am told Melanie has taken
ownership of the ticket.

At this point ATT is just adding to my case for arbitration.

So to refer people to phone support is useless.

Hopefully your General Counsel will get it resolved timely abd with minimal
cost in settling prior to arbitration.

Have a productive evening.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

2 years ago

This is a customer to customer forum not DTV support.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have been receiving services with Directtv/ AT&T I was told this a conjoined bill. I never had a problem with the service never had a problem with paying the bills on time. Until March when I moved I requested service to be at my new home. I was told by AT& T that they do not offer service to my new address so therefore I’m no longer having internet. Im very disappointed because I wanted my internet service. Due to me moving I was having complication receiving my mail and at the time I was not receiving any mail .So I see that I had a past due bill that was for 125.07 when I got mail organized. ok no problem making the called and I made the payment. The next week I’m receiving another bill from directv stating I owe them over three hundred dollars inside the bill I owed tv service internet and was charged 150 for moving. I was never told I was being charged for moving I spoke with a supervisor she said because I wasnt told she was removing it. Later on the week I received a called from Directtv because at the time I was not watching the service to find out that was a scam! .....spoke with directtv they confirmed it wasn’t them. So I called again asking why is my bill still the same I just made a payment to them of 125.07 for the service they explain they never received it and to contact AT&T service. AT&T stated they did not know where the money went too. Spoke with a supervisior she spoke to told me it’s clear they have received the payment. No longer having the service I received a bill my remaining balance was O.00. Ok I’m debt free! Ok now June I’m receiving another bill stating I owe 125.07 I called they’re saying they never received it and that it’s on my bank and to have my bank fax over where I made the payment. Spoke with the bank and AT& T service they verified that I did make payment. Now AT&T service is saying that Oh you did make the payment but it was postponed to directtv last month and that I still owe them and that I owe directtv over eight hundred dollars. The service is unprofessional, agents are giving different answers they are not understandable nor do they care. They hang up the phone on you and my experience there was not the best at all.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I am having issues and looking on how to file complaint

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Best department to file complaint against att/direct tv

Tutor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We are having a similar problem with Direct TV.  We have been with them for nearly 20 years, have an impeccable payment record and they turned our service off.  When we called their customer service department, we were told the account was "flagged" and were unable to give us an adequate explanation.  We were told we have to speak to a supervisor to resolve the issue, gave us a number to call (which we have called several times and all we get is voicemail telling us to leave a message), that it could be 7-10 days before anyone will call us back and no one can give us any adequate information about what the problem is.  We have never been treated this badly before and certainly never expected to be treated like this by a company we've been doing business with for such a long time.  They won't even let us cancel the account!  We are unhooking Direct TV, are hooking up to a local television service and are in the process of securing service with another satellite provider.  Once we are able to cancel the account, it will be permanently.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Here are a couple paths for a formal complaint. Try FCC and the Better Business Bureau. Their lousy site would not allow a direct link, sorry. This is one of the most inept companies I have ever dealt with and they are on my never to use again list and they are number 1 to never use again, ever!

http s://www.bbb.org/us/ga/atlanta/profile/cable-tv/directv-0443-3119/complaints

http s://www.fcc.gov/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have had the same thing happen but with a phone they in my experience will lie & cheat to dump a product I've been a customer for 8years and when they sold to at&t the quality of service has depleted exponentially now the digital service is starting to decline im thinking of switching to Xfinity 

Get started...

Ask a new question