Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 14, 2020 6:40 AM

How do I speak to a US speaking person?

I am constantly trying to get my billing adjusted and once I spoke to a US speaking person and she fixed everything then transferred me to billing to talk to them. They don’t speak English well and the background noise is so loud that I can’t hear them talking to me!! This has been going on for months!

How do I talk to an English speaking rep who can help me?

Frustrated in OK! Considering changing my service!! Seriously!!

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

2 weeks ago

Try chat as calls are routed to the next available CSR regardless of where they are.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 weeks ago

There is no way to guarantee you are speaking to a individual who is in-country, has American English as a first language, or if accent is easy for you personally. When you call it is the next agent available.

You could try online chat on their website. Only usable when there is an available agent as is not staffed like customer care, so more of a supplement to it. Though I would verify any information provided as some chat transcripts shared on the forum have had incorrect info, so wonder if there is some outsourcing there or they had an influx of new agents in that department.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.