Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Feb 26, 2018 6:07 AM

How do I send an email letter of complaint to customer service or att corporate ?

Account Timeline:  In November 2013 we had AT&T Internet installed.  Over the years billing rates went up and at times there was a promotion or two.  

The first concern of this letter is the billing cycle of 08/10/17 - 09/09/17 where the rate went from $32 to $42 — an increase of more than 31%.  On September 28, 2017, I, Frank ***** spoke to a representative who said her name was “MJ”, I believe, and who explained that a promotion had expired.

The second concern of this letter is that on June 15, 2017, I was having problems with my iPhone and went to the AT&T store.  They were able to get the phone operating and I also left with DIRECTV and DIRECTVNOW.  It was a “high pressure” visit.  I did not even realize I had DIRECTVNOW until I received my first billing statement. Nothing on the DIRECTV  form and information given to me mentions DIRECTVNOW.  As I explained this second concern to MJ  about DIRECTV, she said she could give an internet rate of $37 a month if we bundled the internet with the DIRECTV . I explained these accounts are under two different names, but at the same address.  (meaning there is only one TV receiving DIRECTV and this is a family account with two different names).  She seemed to understand and I agreed to the bundle rate.

A few days later, on October 2, 2017, we received equipment that we did not order or request nor were we ever notified to expect such equipment.

On October 3, 2017, I spoke to Courtney and told her that we already have a unit and it works well.  She said to return it to the UPS Store and we would be credited $7.00 on our next bill.  However on the billing cycle of 09/10/17 - 10/09/17 there was an internet equipment fee of $7.00 and again another $7.00 internet equipment fee on the following billing cycle, 10/10/17 - 11/09/17.

On November 20, 2017, I spoke to John, then to Cody, then to Apple —explaining to each person that the equipment, that we did not order nor want, was returned as your employee, Courtney, instructed us to do. And she assured us we would be credited with the $7.00 equipment fee — YET we continued to be billed and should NOT be paying the fee !  Apple said we would be credited $16.57 for fees = $2.57 + $7.00 + $7.00.  On November 23, 2017 I received a text that the credit was applied.  However, on our next billing statements,  issue date December 09, 2017 and January 09, 2018, to our great frustration, there were the equipment fees again — $7.00 for each month ! 

Why is there no resolution to this problem after speaking to 4 or 5 AT&T employees who agree that we should not pay the fees and the fees we paid would be credited to our account and why are we paying equipment fees on a unit that was activated 4 years and 3 months ago  or fees on new equipment that we did not order and we did return as instructed ????

Our internet and DIRECTV have not been bundled and as of July 2017 we have been paying for the internet twice monthly.  Even though I have repeatedly explained that there are two names at this same address, it is a family account and should only receive ONE bill monthly, we are each being billed for the same account. 

On February 5, 2018 I spoke to Kendra asking for the mailing address for the AT&T Customer Service Department.  She said there is no Customer Service/Support Department, but she would give me a phone number for the Complaint Department.  After 15 minutes of waiting — on and off of Hold, she came back with the answer that there is no number for the Complaint Department and I should email any concerns to AT&T.com/corporate.  

I do not have a computer to email our concerns to AT&T Corporate.  Therefore, I am now involving our neighbors who do have a computer (not served by AT&T) and are interested in customer service and support our situation. They are not only typing this on their computer to be sent to AT&T Corporate, but want to share this letter via email and printed form to other understanding friends.

I believe we are entitled to a resolution to the equipment fee problem and double billing problem (back fees are owed to us from July 2017).  However, since there seems to be no Customer Service nor Support, we are documenting our frustrations in writing and sharing with our neighbors and friends and maybe our next hope is to contact Network TV Customer Complaint Support to broadcast our frustrations since your employee could not give us a mailing address for this letter. 

It is my hope, however, that someone in the AT&T chain of command is able to resolve our issues soon.  By the way, I only have the address above because it is from our billing statement and by directing it to Customer Support I thought that just maybe it might be received by someone who would really like to give us Customer Service !

Anticipating some customer response and resolution to our unsatisfactory situation,

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Responses

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

6 months ago

@dragonfly1233 wrote:

I appreciate the link.  I, too, filed an FCC complaint.  In my area we currently do not have CBS, due to a dispute.  Direct says Nexstar pulled the channel, but the channel has printed copies of the letter sent to ATT saying they offered an extension until August 2nd.  ATT pulled the channel as they know it is very popular and it is the 2nd week of Big Brother, one of the few things not a rerun to watch in the summer on broadcast TV.

ATT bought Direct TV and is a hole financially and is using consumers as the middle man to drive down their costs and try to recover.  

Of course NextStar would say that. But DirecTV never "pulls" channels. Only the corporation that owns the channel can do that. This is an all too common negotiating tactic used by these corporations to extort more money from TV service providers.  None are immune, so even switching providers won't help.

You will need to use an off-air antenna until they allow DirecTV to provide them again. If you can receive the station with an off-air antenna, this is a good time to request DirecTV’s Local Channel Connector (if you have HR44/HR54). It’s free. And some folks are getting a credit on their account, too. Call DirecTV …. 1 800 531 5000 

You'll also want to contact the corporation that owns these stations. Request that they allow DirecTV to continue carrying them while negotiations continue. And ask them why providers like Dish, DirecTV and Comcast must pay them anything when they get to use our public airwaves for FREE?!?  After all, these service providers increase their overall viewership and advertising revenue.  They're shooting themselves in the foot!

The FCC and Congress could easily fix this. Just allow service providers to deliver an out-of-area station when local stations get greedy. But I fear that the broadcast TV lobby is too powerful to ever let that happen.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Direct tv has horrible customer service!  I feel like I’m negotiating for a used car!  Been a customer since 2008 and I’ve called many times and out of those calls one person, Romey in Las Vegas was the only helpful person.  I’m going to spectrum .... direct tv is simply not worth the grief .... 

• 

2 Messages

2 weeks ago

directive/att lied and lied and lied. No one in their cubicles can help you and then after 3 hrs on the phone explaining my situation over and over and over and over. A “manager “ hung up on me. She didn’t care I was on the phone for 3 hrs, that they sent a bad bill to cellections....direct tv is liars and don’t care about their customers..... I would love if someone from corporate call me but I know they won’t because they will transfer from one person to another and from one manager to another. If you guys actually care about your customers you would call me and fix this. (Phone number hidden). My name is Aaron wiese

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

2 weeks ago

I want a corporate persona to call me, someone who makes decisions. I’m sick of the lies and run around and transfers and hang up. Att/direct tv doesn’t care about customers. They just want to send stuff to credit after they say they will fix it 4 times and countless hours later. Please call me at (Phone number hidden). I doubt anyone of importance will call me but I guess we will see. I hope no one ever used this company. They will just get lied to and treated poorly.

(edited)

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

This is a customer to customer forum not DTV/AT&T support so no one will call you.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

Customer support is inbound. You call them, not the other way around. Alternatively you can try the online Chat on their website as it supplements customer support.

This is a public customer to customer forum, not customer support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com