Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Sep 4, 2018 4:25 PM

How do I reach the AT&T Fraud Department? Or how do I have the fraud dept contact me?

I am getting fraud calls from Directv.  The scammers have hacked into the Directv phone number and are making calls that appear they are coming from Directv but (the voice on the line sounds like the call is coming from overseas).  I don't believe Directv even knows they have been hacked - but I have gotten four calls from them in the past month.  I have the main Directv number stored in my phone and the calls are coming from the Directv corporate phone number...but they are not Directv employees.

The scammers ask me questions that I do not answer.  I turn the question back to them.  They know our name, phone number, and account details that we have not disclosed to them.

The scammers even know the exact  date that our Directv promotion expires.

Today they texted me a 50% Directv discount via text with the code  EBAY. 

I really need to talk to the fraud dept.

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

2 months ago

They conned the CSR into believing it was you.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I have a collection on my credit report for ATT Direct tv and I've never had a direct tv account. I don't know what to do. I've never been through this before.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 months ago

@carolynwilliamsestes 

If you have never had DirecTV, then you need to submit dispute to their Fraud/Identity Theft Team. www.directv.com/notmyaccount

Be prepared to dispute with the collection agency that owns the debt as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question