Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Fri, Feb 9, 2018 11:21 PM

How do I get an American directv customer service agent?

I am not prejudice in the least but I’m really getting frustrated with being lied to by directv. I have been billed for thing I should not be billed for and for the past 6 mths I have had to call every month to get it fixed. This last month is the last straw and I’m tired of dealing with these offshore people who read over scripts and repeat the same junk over and over. 

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

2 years ago

You can try sending a PM to @ATTDIRECTVCare.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

2 years ago

@Colombiachik87

Reading off scripts is the nature of working in a call center. Doesn't matter if it is in-house, in country, or out of country. Some agents are better than others. I would expect because of AT&T acquiring Directv that scripts are more heavily used as there are differences to each side of the business that most people could not keep straight. So strict adherence to rules and scripts would probably be the norm within the 1st 5 years I would dare say. As time goes on I would hope more and more agents are more natural in the conversation and flexible with the options as they grown from the acquisition.

We are customers like yourself so can only discuss and offer guidance, but not make any changes. Either call back 1-800-531-5000 or go to @ATTDIRECTVCare where you can send them a private message. Out of curiosity, what charge have you been disputing for 6 months?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

You got to LOVE IT!  AT&T buys Directv from good real old Rupert and what do they do.   Out source American jobs to the Philippines.     They are nice folks but they don't  know what they are doing.  The  call today the  rep got the wrong account  and that was a barrel of fun.  If DISH was any good I would switch in a New York Second!   Trump needs to get into A T&T and  get the American jobs back to where they belong.    You use to able to call and get a rep in Albuquerque   and all was good.      One more gripe !  I had problems with  our signal and  had 2 different techs come out and they didn't listen to  me as to what was happening.  I finally ordered 2 new boxes and it cleared it up in no time.  Terrible Techs!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Ive already been on they phone way too long. If I call that number am I just going to keep getting the same people staring at a screen? I am so frustrated.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.9K Messages

a year ago

@RADDemers wrote:

Ive already been on they phone way too long. If I call that number am I just going to keep getting the same people staring at a screen? I am so frustrated.

You might have better luck using Chat instead of calling. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Is there a number I can call to speak to someone in the United States about my DirectTV bill?

• 

4 Messages

@dpresnell try 800/531-5000 and chose option "other"

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

a year ago

@dpresnell wrote:

Is there a number I can call to speak to someone in the United States about my DirectTV bill?

There is no way to guarantee where the agent is physically located, or anything else personal about them (born in the States, male/female, cultural background, etc.). You get the next available agent regardless. Any transfers are only to make sure you are in the right department depending on why you are calling, that's it.

Alternatively you can discuss with other customers here on the forum as sometimes we can help each other out make sense of a bill, as well as give guidance in technical issues, or upgrading equipment as some of us have had the service for a long time.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

It's ridiculous that the people that AT&T are contracting in the Philippines can barely speak English and don't know what they are talking about.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 months ago

worst company ever.  cannot reach us agents.  overseas just worthless!  if you have hours and hours to spend on hold and reaching someone that does not understand you, and you don't want service, this is the company for you!

• 

4 Messages

After 20+ years of being loyal to DirecTV, the past few years, since AT&T took over, it has been a disaster. So today after nearly 50 phone calls since September 2019, I'm calling it quits. My bill has increased more than $30 for nothing and they refuse to give me the last 2 credits on my recurring credit for which I have a confirmation #. Lies, lies and more lies. Goodbye DirecTV .. I'll have lots more time to take care of more productive tasks, than to hang on the phone with you for hours at a time and get nowhere.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 months ago

if you don't want customer service this is the company for you.  if you have hours and hours to call and be connected to someone overseas that can't understand you this is the company for you.  if you want to not feel valued or appreciated as a customer sign up with direct tv.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 months ago

i have asked at least 8 overseas agents to connect me with a us agent, they lie and say they can't do it.  nobody is checking on the crappy customer service so lying seems to be ok in their culture!

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

8 months ago

But it is not a lie.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

8 months ago

@fusedtwice wrote:

i have asked at least 8 overseas agents to connect me with a us agent, they lie and say they can't do it.  nobody is checking on the crappy customer service so lying seems to be ok in their culture!

They can transfer you to the department to assist you with what you are calling about (regular care, Movers, retention, technical support), but cannot transfer you to an agent of your choosing (in-country, specific state, male/female, where born, cultural background, etc.). You get the next available agent regardless.

So it is not a lie just because they cannot accommodate what you want.

• 

5 Messages

I think you work for them.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

Employees of either company have that fact stated in a box similar to the ACE box.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

@Kwmarshall19

You think wrong then. I do not work for DirecTV/AT&T.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 months ago

after over five hours i did get an overseas agent to get me a US agent.  the US agent was able to find the service call and help reschedule it in about 7 minutes.  this is not a prejudice issue.  the US agent can understand what i am asking better.wit

i have no idea why multiple overseas agents could not find the service call.   the bottom line for me as for many others is either the lack of training with the overseas agents or a communication issue?

it should not take five hours to solve what the US agent did in 7 minutes.  please don't misinform others, they did transfer me and can do it.

• 

5 Messages

2 phone calls tonight and repeatedly asked for supervisor and they absolutely refused to transfer my call.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

8 months ago

@fusedtwice 

Not misinforming anybody. What we are saying is they cannot choose an agent specifically in the United States. A transfer might result in a United States based agent, but not guaranteed. Companies in general do not have an option to choose an agent based on requirements like that goes against their Equal Opportunity regulations. Personally I don't have the issue with businesses using outsourcing to help, but only if the quality of it was better than what is mentioned here.

With that being said I do agree it is ridiculous about taking hours to find the service call. Probably part training issue and another part systems, as my understanding is 3rd party call centers (be it in the Unites States or not) don't use the exact same system as company specific employees.

• 

5 Messages

Outsourcing is a huge part of the problem. For multiple reasons. I deal with it daily in business and then to be subjected to it in personal stuff I clearly see it as the problem. There is a break down in communication, expectations and customer service. You spend more time and money cleaning up the mess that is created by outsourcing than if you had just kept it in the states. I don't understand why American companies can't figure that out. They don't care about customers anymore only the money they are forced to pay for the service. I can tell by this forum that I'm done being a part of that. I'll live with air tv and prime, hulu, Netflix and any other and still come out better than what I'm paying a month now. Plus the packages are based on trickery and taking advantage of customers.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…