Teacher

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Mar 28, 2018 9:13 PM

How do I file a complaint against at&t and Directv services? I think they are scamming customers

I decided to choose Directv and at&t services for cable, Internet and phone. March 4th is when they came to install satellite services.March 7th is when I paid a $100 for them to give me an installation date for Internet and phone services. They gave me March 27,2018 as installation date.  (During this time I called to expedite my services but they couldn't give an earlier date)  March 27 came and no one appeared to install services.  I called throughout the day asking if there was an issue.  They said the order are behind and they would get to me before the day is over. By nightfall no one appeared and I spoke to someone who said  someone will come the next day March 28, 2018. Next day around 11:15 someone appears but they aren't hear to install Internet and phone services,  but about satellite. While he was here I called and let them know the guy said he doesn't install Internet and phone services. They talked around for about 30 minutes and finally told me someone will be here between 1-3. After a couple of hours I checked status under my account and saw that the services says it was closed. I called and explained everything about 5 times until someone said I'd have to open another account and start services over and the next available date for install was April 11, 2018. They would give a better times so I told them I don't want any of the services and a refund. They then told me for me to disconnect Directv I would have to pay for early disconnect fee. Why do I have to do this if they breached their contract and never provided the services when promised? 

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

@tgreaves

You are right.  But i did say that up front that i have not proof just an observation.  It's just pretty odd how my door latch twisted like that just hours after the appointment.  Maybe my cat did it.  I dunno. OJ? 

I know i'm being a bit of a j3rk about this.  But this is my temperature as a customer.  You can defend all you want but you get your money from your customers full stop.  Unhappy customers generally turn into happy customers somewhere else.

tgreaves

Former Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 years ago

hey now i'll be the first to call out employees or management and myself if they/i make mistakes and what not.

as for making money from customers.. i personally don't make money. I'm a customer services rep working as a salesman in a sale department with morals so no sales actually take place. 

So i'm on here trying to help customers. Make any sense.. 

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Im trying to find where i can file a complaint .im a disabled Vet. I owe $ to direct tv .a cuple weeks ago i made an agreement with them .to pay 300 .then and the lil remainder of 205. On the 1st of dec .this mornin they broke our deal an turned off my tv .i told them my entire story of doingvchemo every day for burning 13 barrels of agent orange years ago and saving many American lives .i dont have anything to do except lay in bed and watch tv .wat do i do, carl easterling central fl 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

So yesterday I had directv installed after a 2 month cancellation after over 14 years of service.  It has been absolutely the worst less than 24 hours of service.

After the tech left the picture just froze, like someone hit the pause button.  After trying a few things I did a hard reboot by pressing the red button.  It reset and after the self checks the picture was restored.  Yet again after a few mintues the picture froze!

Mind you I had the install done in the bedroom and living room (main).

I called customer service (this is about 3 hours after the tech left) after being on the phone and a lot of going back and forth between the main and secondary rooms and a phone "supervisor" that was pleasant enough but didn't know what she was talking about concluded the WVB was bad.

She was saying it should flash blue but after resetting this 3 times and it flashing green everytime I concluded that the screen she was looking at was giving the incorrect information.

Anyway, I found out even though directv said I would get the same service as when I left previously the tech didn't install the correct boxes, or at least not the correct ones for me.  I want the capabilities to record, pause live tv etc. and I'm not able to do this without a "kit."  

So this was brought up as well and there was an upgrade scheduled for this coming Wednesday.

Back to the WVB issue.  The supervisor said it would be taken care of today, instead I get a phone from "dispatch" that there will be a service tech out on Wednesday to fix the WVB and a second person out for the upgrade on the same day but different time frame.

It has been a frusterating 24 hours!  Then I find out that if a LEASED BOX goes bad after 30 days there will be a 99 dollar fee to come out and fix it (The leased piece of crap, refurbished electronic item), unless I get the $8.99 insurance. 

AT&T you are in the process of screwing up the directv name, which is exactly what I thought would happen.

Guess I'll go back to streaming again because I'm NOT going to start the cycle of getting upset everyday because of poor service from this company that is definitely about the shareholders over everything else.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

Better Business Bureau 

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.9K Messages

a year ago

You have a 90 day install warranty and replacement receivers are $20 for shipping, service calls are $99 and are also covered for 90 days.  The protection plan is optional.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

Well I am not sure anyone cares, but here is an update to my situation. I proceeded to file a complaint with the FCC and I also sent an email to the President of AT&T and it worked. I received a call from an AT&T # that I have blocked in the past. So I called it back and I was told that this person worked for the office of the president and my $300 in Visa rewards were on their way. I also received a letter from the FCC about a week later stating the same. So the $300 is in route to me and I hope to receive it soon. We shall see.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Direct tv customer is the worst in the world. AT&T bought it over the service getting worst. I called for 1 month, waiting for 2 hours and no one in the company can give the solution for customer who need to do the moves. They transfer around different department and they didn’t know why does my account get cancel or reconnect it. The most horrible provider in the world I ever have to deal with. I had the service over 4 years but I move to the new address they ruined all of my account and didn’t take responsibility for that. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Been a loyal customer for 7 years, always paid my bill before it was due. I try to watch the local news on Thursday night and have a 771 error on 3 local channels that have news. I go to bed thinking it will resolve when I get up on Friday. Nope so I get home from the doctor and get on the phone at 1:15 pm to get it fixed. Now the fun begins. 

I am on the phone for an hour and 48 minutes and was switched from the US to the Philippines through 7 different reps before anyone has the knowledge to get into my “legacy account”.  

I set up a service call for Monday. I am talked into taking a package to get the service call covered for less than the $99. Everything is going good so far. The I let the rep know that they sent the privacy notice to the wrong address and would like to make sure the service tech shows up to where they actually installed my service (the original tech in October gave them the correct lot number and I even changed it online).  Now I am given a phone number to call for a move, I’m not moving but it’s the only way they can fix their own mistake.  I call the moving department and now I am on the phone for an hour and 28 minutes and they have to cancel the service call to do the “move” in their system. Well there is a glitch and a supervisor is working on it and it should be done in less than an hour and I am switched over to reschedule my service call.  Well I wait on hold 27 minutes to they can hang up on me. I call back and I’m told the move is stuck in the system and should be resolved by Monday. 

I ask to speak to a supervisor and am told that they can’t help me so there is no need to speak to one and am hung up on. I call back and finally spoke to a supervisor and I’m told that it might resolve tonight but they can’t say for sure. So I hand up and decide to watch my DVR shows while waiting. Guess what my account isn’t authorized to watch my DVR but it is still recording. I call back and am told I won’t have any service until it resolves. I ask to speak to someone in the cancellation department. Get hung up on again. Now I have finally lost my cool since I have been on the phone with DirecTV for over 6 hours total. Call back and get to the cancellation department and she wants to see if she can fix the problem and I’m adamant that the only way to fix this is to cancel my service. Well the fictitious move is holding that up too. I told the rep I’m not getting off of the phone until my service is canceled since I have no service. After an hour it is finally canceled and I should receive an email on Saturday telling me how to return the equipment. 

I get up Saturday morning and the only email I have from them is a notice of the $199 moving fee. I never moved!!!

Dish will be out tomorrow so I will have TV before the Monday service call that DirecTV canceled. 

Fixed my own issue. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

How do I file a complaint against Directv/ATT?  One of my cable boxes stopped working. on 12/ 26/ 18.  I called Directv, the rep. claims to have gone through some protocol and told me my box was irretrievably dead.  She offered to upgrade all 4 of my boxes at no cost and with my same contract,  which was none.  She said it would remain the same.  When the tech arrived on 12/27/18 he said there would be a 2 yr contract.  After an hour on hold with Directv they said there would be 2 yr contract, rep. gave false information.  I could upgrade with 2 year contract, or  opted to have a standard box fed ex to me for $89. or have tech put it in for $99 plus.  I opted for none, told them to disconnect the box.  Went and bought a device for the TV and was preparing to install it and the Directv standard box came on and loaded.  I called Directv and told them to reactivate the box which they did.  5 hours later I get an error screen that says 711 box deactivated.  I call and get the run around several times since then, being told that the box can't be reactivated, after they reactivated it and then shut it down.. I was instead given the hard sell to upgrade instead of addressing my problem, put on hold for an eternity, told a supervisor would give me a call back which never happened. on 1/8/19 I spoke with a rep. who said a tech would be here today to reactivate..  This is 1/9/19, tech just left, said he can't activate, my only option is to pay $100 and accept a 2 year contract.  I have 4 standard boxes in my home, 3 are working.  Because of false info given by 1st Rep. (Your box is dead) my family has been 1 TV short for 2 weeks.  I am very leery about entering into a contract with a company with this level of dysfunction and don't appreciate being forced to upgrade at my expense since that was not what I was promised.  The Loyalty Dept. Is a joke, I don't believe it exists.  Considering changing companies, at least I can get some incentives since I will be a new customer.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

Is anybody else having issues with their bill getting out of hand???? My bill went up 60.99 from last month and it's supposedly going to go up another 8.00 the end of the month!!!!!! I have been a loyal customer for 17 years and I am to the point of canceling it altogether and bouncing from Directv to Dish every couple of years to get the lowest prince possible. I don't want to drop any of my services (HBO, etc) since I watch several shows that come on each season (Game of Thrones, Outlander to name a few). Any suggestions of how to file a complaint with the company themselves?????

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

a year ago

@lhearnhardt wrote:

Is anybody else having issues with their bill getting out of hand???? My bill went up 60.99 from last month and it's supposedly going to go up another 8.00 the end of the month!!!!!! I have been a loyal customer for 17 years and I am to the point of canceling it altogether and bouncing from Directv to Dish every couple of years to get the lowest prince possible. I don't want to drop any of my services (HBO, etc) since I watch several shows that come on each season (Game of Thrones, Outlander to name a few). Any suggestions of how to file a complaint with the company themselves?????

A $61 jump is pretty big!  What changed?  Compare with your prior bill with the new bill and let us know what line items jumped.  Perhaps you had a promotional price/package that expired?  How long have you had DirecTV?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

Some expired but I still have some others. My bill last month was 114.xx and then this month, 175.50. They told me I had no other promotions at this time when I called the "loyalty line". I have been a customer since 2002, defected for 1 year but came immediately back. I have the Premiere Packaging, which I've had my entire subscription. July bill was 148.71, August bill was 151.39. Gradually goes up when promotions drop off but I always call back to see what can be done to keep me as a customer. I got an email last month saying the packaging was going up. I got another one on 1/3 showing my bill would be 185.xx come next month I believe. That is just ridiculous! I am leaning towards installing a FireStick and telling them bye-bye! I am unemployed and this is becoming a stretch to pay monthly when it's that high. 120,-140 its fine, but over that is excessive.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

a year ago

@lhearnhardt wrote:

Some expired but I still have some others. My bill last month was 114.xx and then this month, 175.50. They told me I had no other promotions at this time when I called the "loyalty line". I have been a customer since 2002, defected for 1 year but came immediately back. I have the Premiere Packaging, which I've had my entire subscription. July bill was 148.71, August bill was 151.39. Gradually goes up when promotions drop off but I always call back to see what can be done to keep me as a customer. I got an email last month saying the packaging was going up. I got another one on 1/3 showing my bill would be 185.xx come next month I believe. That is just ridiculous! I am leaning towards installing a FireStick and telling them bye-bye! I am unemployed and this is becoming a stretch to pay monthly when it's that high. 120,-140 its fine, but over that is excessive.

It's not realistic to expect that they will continue to give promotional discount prices forever. 

Sounds like switching is a good option for you if you can't afford DirecTV's regular prices.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

I just got my bill lowered little when I called to see how I could file a complaint.