Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
R

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Sep 18, 2020 10:39 PM

Every year, customer service continues to downgrade and get worse.

I was a customer for over 20 years with DirecTV.  Always been a DirecTv fan until recently.  I was installed wireless equipment (receivers, etc.) and it was the worst experience ever.  The boxes would reboot every 15-20 minutes, all day, every day.  I contacted DirecTV and they were willing to cancel my service and waive all fees due to my tenure and the issues I was having.  They didn't attempt to retain me.  Not one retention offer so I pushed forward with cancelling.  They specifically said they would waive my fees (early cancellation, etc.)  Now, I get a collection call that I owe them money.  I contacted DirecTV on three occasions, escalated to Supervisor and Manager and still no resolution.  If this does not get resolved, I will continue to escalate, continue to write reviews on my experience in every possible forum and begin to tell friends and family to cancel DirecTV.  The worse.  I can be reached at [email scrubbed] 

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21K Messages

a month ago

The only time DTV waives the ECF/ETF is when there is no line of sight at a new location, don't know why you where told incorrect info.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

No idea but they can pull the call and verify what I was told. Not a difficult process. 

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21K Messages

a month ago

Random calls are recorded for training and quality control so there may not be any recording

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

a month ago

Agents do not have the authority to waive the ECF. They can submit a waiver request, not guarantee it is approved. Historically DirecTV only waives the ECF if you cannot get line of sight (such as moving and trees prevent getting proper signal) to continue service.

Like many other companies, DirecTV does not record and keep accessible every call ever made to them. Calls are monitored for training and quality purposes only, not as a record of the account. Even in the small chance they have that call available, it still doesn't waive the ECF as it is valid.

Doesn't mater what number or email you can be reached at. Customer support is inbound. You call them to discuss the account, not the other way around. This is a public forum of other customers. So since you gave your contact info out for the entire world, prepare for a likely increase in spam.

There are no wireless receivers, only Clients. Though wireless can be convienient, Clients are a downgrade in every other way to a receiver. A HDDVR receiver has 2 tuners and 500GB recording space, but a Client (wired or wireless) steals from the main Genie as has no tuners or recording space of their own (hence why they go down if the Genie does).

Your account has no affect on the experience or else of your friend's and family's accounts. It is up to them to decide if the service is worth it for them, not you. So complaining to all your personal contacts and all forums you can find is more the equivalent of throwing a tantrum or yelling on a street corner, so more people will care less.

Bottom line you canceled while under agreement. Agent didn't have power to waive agreement so it stays valid. You have already escalated your dispute and DirecTV's stance hasn't changed. So it is resolved, though not in the way you want. Sorry but the debt remains yours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Get started...

Ask a new question