Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
JRodNYY's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Aug 17, 2017 5:49 PM

Error message 721 for sports on Regional Sports Networks

Hey everyone.

Switched to DirecTV last month and I'm paying $7 for a "regional sports fee" which, according to DirecTV's website is to make regional sports networks part of my base programming to provide coverage of local sports teams.  One of those channels that I'm paying for (and is listed on the channel guide for my ZIP code) is Comcast Sports Net Chicago.  I have access to that channel when there's regular programming on, but whenever there is actually a game on I receive the error message 721, which the website says means that the channel is not included in my programming.

I talked to someone at DirecTV two weeks ago and they were going to escalate my issue and get back with me.  Well, that never happened, so I'm turning to you guys.

Is there something wrong with my programming or is this the way it's supposed to work?  If this is normal, why on Earth do I have to pay a regional sports fee for access to a channel that still doesn't show any games?  And why would I be seeing the 721 error message instead of something else?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Responses

mcc_nordic

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

4 years ago

What is your zip code?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

My ZIP is 49085.

nmct31

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

4 years ago

.Comcast SportsNet Chicago is available in your area but you have to have at least the "choice" package or "mas ultra"

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I do have the Choice package.  Again, the channel shows up on my channel lineup online and I can view regular programming, but any sports (or pregame shows, as I just noticed) do not work and display the 721 error message.

mcc_nordic

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

4 years ago

You should get the Bulls and the Blackhawks, but for MLB your home team is Tigers. The leagues set the territories not DirecTV.  

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/functionalPageIF.jsp?assetId=cms_sports_lookup

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Ah, I see.  Well, that's unfortunate, but I guess it makes sense.

Thanks for answering in 20 minutes what a 2 hour phone call couldn't.

Get started...

Ask a new question