Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Mar 2, 2016 5:52 PM

Email address for DirecTV customer service

After about 20 yrs with Directv the increases are getting a little much. I called and spent a little over 20 min. on hold. I spoke to a representitive and asked if there was some kind of offer I could get to reduce my bill. She said no but I can give you a discount on your Showtime for 6 months that will bring your bill back to what it was before the increase......WOW

I've been with Directv so long, years ago we could pay for the whole year and get a discount and for that loyalty I get 50% off a premium channel for 6 months.

I would like an Email address express my appreciation.

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

a month ago

@nkatzmarek 

Your court options are restricted. They have an arbitration clause that must be used.

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.dtv_residentialCustomerAgreement.html

8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Direct TV sent a flyer promising a $300 credit card. They deny that now. 

They doubled the price of service and then disconnected it when my bill wasn't paid. They lied about raising the price when I got Direct TV.  Now after they disconnected it they claim I broke the contract. I never had a contract for this price.

That is how they make their money. They scam and lie. They make verbal promises and deny them. but they are sure we have a contract, which was also verbal.

I will take them to small claims court and file a claim with the Attorney General but need an address to send a hard copy of a complaint.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

a month ago

Service agreement is for 24 months. Intro discounts are for 12 months (and usually 3 months free premium channels like HBO).

Flyers are general promotions, not guaranteed that you individually qualify. When you order online or over the phone with them, the system verifies what you qualify for by your credit check. No matter what the agent says, when order is placed you are sent an order confirmation that clearly spells out what you are getting and for how long. If the confirmation isn't as expected, then call to ask questions, modify if needed, or close the order. Once installed and activated you are accepting what is on that confirmation.

That 24 month service agreement is not just verbal. It is in the fine print of all advertisements. It is on the order confirmation. It is also on referenced again on the handheld the tech has you sign for doing the work. So the only way to be in the dark is not reading anything, which far too many people do in this country. In the end it is what is on the paperwork that matters, regardless of what you might have understood verbally.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Written exactly like an ATT (Edited per community guidelines)! Sounds good but that is not how it plays in the real world. Their timing was after the fact. If the person I call on the phone gives deliberately incorrect information, according to you that is fine. Nice business model. Lie on the phone and send writing later after its installed. The price increase was not in the written info. 

Everyone wants to be lie and cheat and looks for a technicality to get out of it. Nice world

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

a month ago

It is how it works in the real world. You don't read the paperwork and just take the agent for their word (or what you understood it was) then that is on you for not doing your due diligence.

I am not saying it is fine for the agent over the phone to give wrong information. But the order confirmation is there for you and DirecTV's protection. You can't go back and say well I didn't read it so not at fault. Doesn't work that way.

Order confirmation is sent as soon as order is submitted into system, so you should receive it within moments/minutes of you talking to them. It doesn't get sent days later after you are installed.

Regardless of agents who lie/fast talk, or honest mistakes, read the paperwork. That is your responsibility as a consumer. Otherwise you are letting people all over succeed in "selling you a bridge".

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

• My name is Mary (Edited to remove personal information), I live at (Edited to remove personal information) Glenburn ND 58740, United States.  Home phone is (Edited to remove personal information)
               Cellphone is (Edited to remove personal information)
    On 21 September 2020 I was experiencing difficulties with our satellite system, was able to contact customer support and they were able to set us up with an appointment the same afternoon.  A gentleman by the name of Dareck (I’m not sure of the spelling, and unfortunately I did not get his last name ), he was able to take care of our system problems.  Dareck was very polite and knowledgeable about what the problem was and was able to explain what was needed to resolve the problem.  I wanted to let your company know about Dareck and that he performed an excellent service.  
    Many thanks to him and to the company for having people like him.
    Thank you all again,
    Sincerely, 

Mary "O" 😀

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

My name is Mary [EDITED per Community Guidelines - removed personal information]

On 22 September 2020 I was having problems with my satellite system, I was able to contact customer service and was scheduled for an appointment that afternoon.  A gentleman by the name of Dareck (I’m not sure of the spelling, and unfortunately I did not get his last name), he was very polite and knowledgeable about what the problem was with our system and explained the repair.  My thanks to Dareck and to the company for having people like him.
Excellent customer service!

Thank you and sincerely yours,

Mary

(edited)

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21K Messages

a month ago

This is a public customer to customer forum you have just posted your info to the world be prepared to be scammed.

Get started...

Ask a new question