AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Mar 2, 2016 5:52 PM

Email address for DirecTV customer service

After about 20 yrs with Directv the increases are getting a little much. I called and spent a little over 20 min. on hold. I spoke to a representitive and asked if there was some kind of offer I could get to reduce my bill. She said no but I can give you a discount on your Showtime for 6 months that will bring your bill back to what it was before the increase......WOW

I've been with Directv so long, years ago we could pay for the whole year and get a discount and for that loyalty I get 50% off a premium channel for 6 months.

I would like an Email address express my appreciation.

Responses

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

5 years ago

if you want to reude the bill, cut programming

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Sky456

Former Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

5 years ago

They don't have an e-mail anymore, the closest thing to an e-mail currently, is sending a private message to the ATTDirecTVCare team: ATTDirecTVCare

Leave your name, account number, phone number & best time to reach you, and a description of your issue. They will be able to take a look into it for you. Keep in mind they may not respond right away, so keep an eye on the blue envelope in the upcoming business days after being signed into the forums.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Welcome to the new DirecTV now owned by AT&T! So typical of their customer service, make it as difficult as possible to interact with them and charge more for the priveledge. I am also a 20 year customer of DirecTV, and am now contemplating a return to cable. It's rather apparent that they are attempting to "incentivize" every long term customer to adopt a new, higher cost programming plan so they can eliminate their plans that are labeled as "retired". The amount just charged to my CC for automated billing is now equivalent to their highest cost plan at $144.99 monthly. What's worse is there is no statement posted to my account for the charge, and the recent activity charges don't add up to the amount of the charge. Definitely seems the cart is before the horse!

• 

1 Message

Well you need to hire people with knowledge to tell ya everything you ask about on your bill. Also ya all need people that speak clear ENGLISH. I needed to straighten out my bill. Then come to find out i was told it was sent to collections, and i was never informed this by mail from Directv nor have i been inforned by no collection agency. If this bill of mine is not straightened out soon as possible i will never do business with Directv again. I am disappointed in this matter cause i have always paid my bills. Sincerely, Leslie (Edited as per community guidelines) (Edited as per community guidelines)

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

@dawnvuichard 

You are responding to a thread from 4 years ago (2016). And this is a public forum of other customers, not customer support.

Call DirecTV and you can verify if your account was sent to collections. If so they can confirm the name of the collection agency and their contact number. Since the collection agency now owns the balance, you would need to discuss with them to settle in full.

https://support.directv.com/contact

Customer Service

800.531.5000 | Pay Bill Order Movies Refresh Your Receivers
General support daily, 8 a.m. – 12 a.m. ET

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

mine went to 148.00 from 140.00 and she told me my pkg was out dated and to select something else. I am looking to change to cable and get locked in for a couple years and see what happens.
I know Directv use to have a retention division or something like that and would be willing to lower your bill to keep you as a customer. I guess those days are gone.

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

5 years ago

those days should be gone

if you cant afford it or dont want to pay it, drop it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I also would like the email adress to express how much Chris badge #177523 was so helpful. My power went out while I was at work. Came no tv. I called customer svc. and Chris fixed it right away. I also had called the week before with another problem. I explaned what happened and with in minutes he had the problem fixed in minutes. When I called 2 weeks ago to get help with reprograming my romote and reconecting the tv he hung up on me.  So a Big Thank You to Chris. We need alot more of Chris's in the world. I have been with Directv since 2003. Thank you.

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

@sbdriver44 You may want to reach out @ATTDIRECTVCare

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

DIRECTV TOO

WHY DID YOUR CO GRT MY CREDIT REPORT FROM EQUIFAX SO FAR NO ONE WILL HELP 61 comments… read them below or add one }

JOHN February 8, 2017 at 9:12 am

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

I HAVE TRY TO TALK TO YOUR CO. SO FAR KNOW ONE WILL HELP YOUR CO TOOK MY CREDIT REPORT FROM EQUIFAX ON 02-06-2017 WHY? DirecTV: Hello! Thanks for choosing DIRECTV Chat.
DirecTV: Your approximate wait time is 5 minutes.
Sandy: Hello, my name is Sandy. I’ll be happy to assist you. Give me a moment to review your request.
Sandy: Thank you for choosing Directv(ATT) online services!
Sandy: I am sorry for that.
Sandy: I am here to help you.
Sandy: Please help me with the account number in order to access the Directv account.
JOHN: I NEED THE PHONE NUMBER FOR HAED OFFICE HAVE NO ACCT.
Sandy: John, please give me one chance, i will do my best to resolve this. If it is not resolved can arrange a call back or I will connect the chat to Supervisor.
JOHN: OK
Sandy: Please help me with the issue that you are facing with.
JOHN: YOUR CO WENT TO MY CREDIT AND IT IS ON THERE
Sandy: I apologize for that.
JOHN: OK CAN I HAVE YHE PHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL YO HEAD OFFICE IN CA
Sandy: John, we don;’t have an email or direct phone number for Head office, if you want, I can give you customer care number.
Sandy: Customer care team can take care of this issue.
JOHN: I HAVE TALL TO THEM AND GOT NO WHERE
Sandy: I am sorry, John.
Sandy: Let me check with my supervisor.
JOHN: SO AND YOUR CO DIRECTV IS BREAKING THE LAW AND KNOW ONE WANT TO FIX IT WHY
Sandy: John, i understand your concern and we are here to help you.
JOHN: SO PLEASE HELP
Sandy: Customer service team will have more access to track the credit report which was filed.
Sandy: That is only reason, I am referring you to our customer service team.
JOHN: I CALL CUSTOMER THEY DID NOT HELP
Sandy: I am sorry to hear that.
Sandy: May i know what did they say?
JOHN: I WILL PUT THIS ON FACT BOOK THAT YOUR CO CHECKS CREDIT ON PEOPLE THAT DOSE NOT HAVE ACCT
JOHN: THEY SAID TO CALL OTHER NUMBER 5 DIFFERANT NUMBER
Sandy: Before we continue, please click the arrow icon above to move our chat to its own window.
Sandy: I apologize for that, John.
JOHN: WHY
Sandy: Request you to call them and I will stay on chat with you until they assist you.
Sandy: Is that okay?
JOHN: OK
Sandy: Would you like me to provide the number?
JOHN: I AM ON THE PHONE 877-333-4102
Sandy: Thank you.
Sandy: Request you to contact to Customer care at: 800-531-5000 and they will take care of this.
JOHN: I CALL THAT NUMBER
JOHN: THAT IS ONE ON 5 NUMBER
Sandy: Okay.
Sandy: Please help me with the best number to reach you at.
JOHN: SHE GAVE ME A NUMBER 888-466-9635 866-444-0333 800-860-8542
JOHN: MY NUMBER IS *****
Sandy: Thank you for the information.
Sandy: John, as you did not have services and still you had credit check on your SSN.
Sandy: I have an alternative for you, you can write to our presidential address.
Sandy: : President Office address DIRECTV, Inc.
Dallas, TX 75202.
JOHN: TALL TO ALEJNADRA SHE COULD NOT HELP
Sandy: I understand that
Sandy: But if yu write a letter to the above address, they’ll get this fixed for you.
JOHN: OK FACE BOOF
Sandy: John, I am sorry and that is the only option for to get this resolved for Credit report.
Sandy: Please let me know if you have any concerns, I will be happy to assist you.
JOHN: PLEASE CONTACT HIGHER UPS ABOUT THIIS THANK YOU
Sandy: Ok. Before we continue, please click the arrow icon above to move our chat to its own window.
JOHN: WHY
Sandy: In order to not get the chat disconnected.
Sandy: Thank you.
Sandy: Request you to mail the issue to the above address and they will take care of this for you.
PLEASE CALL ME AT ***** SO WE CAN FIX IT THANK YOU JOHN

K MY CREDIT REPORT  I DID NOT OK IT I HAVE CALLED AND GOT NO WHERE THE NUMBER THEY GAVE MR IS OUT 

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

4 years ago

@JOHN333, your post is the perfect example of why I would never want to be a customer support rep.  TYPING IN ALL CAPS makes it very hard to read.  And using cryptic abbreviations makes it impossible to even know what you're ranting about.   I feel sorry for Sandy.  She did a lot to try to calm you down, understand your issue, and direct you to suitable resources.  

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

4 years ago

so you contacted directv about service?

they ran a credit check?

you had to give them a ssn for them to do that.

if you didnt want a credit check, you shouldnt have given them an ssn

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

YES SHE WAS NICE AND TRY TO HELP BUT HAS NOW NO ONE FROM DIRECTV HAS DONE ANYTHING TO FIX IT NO ONE SHOULD GO INTO SUM ONE CREDIT REPORT THAT IS WORRY
mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

4 years ago

HOW DID THEY GET YOUR SSN?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I NEVER GAVE THEM MY SS I NEVER TALK TO THEM I DO NOT HAVE DIRECTV THEY HAD NO RIGHT TO CHECK ON MY SS SO PLEASE FIX YOUR STATEMENT

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I HAVE NO IDEAL AND I HAVE BEN CALLING THEN BUT NO ONE WENT TO TALK ABOUT IT SO HOW CAN YOU HELP
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

4 years ago

@JOHN333, please turn off your CAPS LOCK!

Perhaps you can summarize in one clear sentence exactly what help you're looking for?  Remember, we're customers like you, not DirecTV employees.  We can help solve technical questions, but not billing or account stuff.  

Get started...

Ask a new question