Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!
K

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jun 6, 2020 3:01 PM

Directv

I called to terminate DirecTV service on May 27, the customer service representative told me that I was paid up to June 20. This morning I received a bill stating that I needed to pay for May 21 to Jun 20 services.
If AT&T representatives are not trained properly and then supply the consumer with the wrong information, why does the customer have to pay for their mistakes?

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

39.3K Messages

a month ago

The only mistake made was the agent saying you were paid up. Your billing month started on May 21, so you were billed for May 21-June 20 as you normally would be. You obviously hadn’t paid it yet but the bill is correct. The final month of service is not prorated, so since you cancelled on May 27, you must pay for the full month whether you use it or not.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

a month ago

@Kingofcarolina79

Agent's should have said you were billed for those dates, not "paid up" if you hadn't submitted the payment yet.

The agent using the wrong term didn't change what you were billed. So you are not paying for their mistake. That bill is your last month of service as expected. So you pay that bill and the next month you get a courtesy statement that should show balance $0 reflecting last payment made, provided no final one-time charges (ECF, unbilled PPVs, etc.) occurred.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question