Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jan 23, 2020 10:27 PM

DirecTV

I was on the phone for 1 hour and 54 minutes trying to resolve an early termination fee of $240. Unbeknownst to me, if you add a receiver to your account AT&T/DirecTV starts your service contract over. That is deceptive business practices. As soon as I can locate another internet service, I am leaving everything with your company. I am extremely disgusted right now!!!

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

4 weeks ago

Order confirmation, Terms of Service, and tech's handheld upon install will all list the 24 month service agreement as this is an upgrade.

So the upgrade of equipment for the additional TV coming with the 24 month agreement is correct, making the ECF valid. The additional notification protects both sides so that way if there is a difference from what the agent told you, or neglected to remind you, then you can call back and discuss, even closing the order if it will not work for you. This is similar to other companies. No matter what you "hear" from the agent, read the paperwork.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

4 weeks ago

DTV has always started an new 2 year contract when you add new receivers to your account and it was stated on the email conformation that DTV sent shortly after the order was made.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.