Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Nov 14, 2019 5:18 AM

DirectV

I need for the CEO of DirecTV to r plain to me how the billing process works.  I have been paying extra amounts on my past due balance to get it paid, but I never see I different in my bill and when I call for a extension I get many different stories. Some of the customer service representatives  can give me the extension I need due to I'm on disability and only get paid once a month, and some day they can't extend it until the date I need. I can't get my past due balance paid if I keep having reconnection charges. Please tell me what to do, if you care about your long term customers!.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.5K Messages

2 months ago

@iwilli03 

Practically no CEO anywhere is going to call a customer to explain the billing. That is the job of customer support, which is inbound anyway so they will not call you.

However from my own experience, and a few friends, I can break down a good chunk of this in general.

Day 1 service month starts (based on activation/install date)

Day 2 bill produces and mails

Day 20 is listed due date on the bill (not a hard due date as must be posted before billing month starts over)

Next day 1 if there is any remaining balance a late fee charges

Next day 2 new bill produces showing past due balance, late fee, and interruption date if past due is not paid in full

At this point you can call DirecTV to discuss a payment arrangement if needed. All a payment arrangement does is push back the interruption date. It does not waive late fees or provide an extension on the balance from the current bill. It is just an extension for the past due itself. If you cannot make the interruption date, even with the extension, then service is interrupted. Once interrupted you must pay balance in full to reinstate.

What I feel gets many people in that situation is that when the service interrupts, the remaining days of the bill month are adjusted as not active. This results in the current balance being less than the total amount that was on the bill. Once reactivated the charge for the remaining days are put back on still due before the bill month starts over. This is why I personally recommend to pay the full billed amount to avoid another carry over balance. And of course the restore fee on the next bill doesn't help.

What I would highly suggest is to lower the programming package. Give yourself some breathing room to catch up on your balance issue. Once caught up and comfortable with your monthly income, then raise it back up to where you feel it is ok. Since not all packages are listed together online (or some people are just unaware) here is the current packages starting from the lowest: Family, Select, Entertainment, Choice, Xtra (or Preferred Xtra if you don't watch RSNs), Ultimate, Premier.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

2 months ago

This is a customer to customer forum with little contact with DTV, he will not see this or contact you.  AT&T cares may send you a PM.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.