Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Sun, Jul 8, 2018 1:51 PM

DirecTV Phone Promotions to Existing Customers

I keep getting calls from a DirecTV number asking me to pay for some gift cards like if I pay in advance, I will receive a credit.  I called DirecTV and told them about it, yet, they claim they never heard of that promotion, but refuse to inform their users of the attempted fraud.  I've read where others were taken advantage and DirecTV did not issue a refund, nor put out a notice that someone is using their number for fake promotions.  It's to the point, when they call, I have no idea if they are legit or not, so I stop taking calls, but I just call in, when I need something.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34K Messages

2 years ago

You are correct, that is a scam. Those calls are not from Directv, the scammers use number spoofing to make you think the call is from Directv. I’m not sure what exactly you expect Directv to do in terms of notifying customers but this is posted on their website: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv/KM1159567. This scam has been around for years.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Interesting, none of other companies are being spoofed, only Directv, that's why they should make people more aware of what's going on.  

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

2 years ago

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.