Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
B

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jan 14, 2020 2:36 PM

DirecTV not working via centurylink

I can not get my DirecTV tv to work. The bill is paid in full, our internet service is fine, but we can not get tv. It keeps showing the error code telling us to pay the bill, while we know for a fact it is paid up through centurylink. Everytime I call CenturyLink customer service they tell me to call DirecTV and DirecTV only refers me back to centurylink. Someone please help!

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

24K Messages

a year ago

It matters if the bill is paid in full on time. If CenturyLink was paid late, then it may take up to 48 hours for DirecTV to update to a paid status.

However if bill has been paid in full and on time, then there is a communication error between the two. If everything is good according to CenturyLink's system, then you call DirecTV and request to speak to the integrated billing department to get this straightened out.

This is an example of why I will not have combined billing between separate companies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Thank you for the advice. Its showing that the bill was paid in full and of the 8th last week, so I'd assume they should have had this issue fixed by now. We've spent days on the phone between these two companies the past few days and it really seems neither one of them have any idea what the heck they are doing, but will definitely try getting ahold of the integrated billing department. The unfortunate part is like many other people out in small towns our only option for tv and internet in our area is through century link. Thank you again for taking the time to try and help us sort through this madness.

Get started...

Ask a new question