Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wed, May 16, 2018 12:48 AM

DirecTv login for Fox Sports Go app not working

Email address and user id not working for log in.Tried resetting password. Still no luck. Why is AT&T so lame at trying to fix this problem. Fox says it’s directv, directv says it’s fox. I believe it is not recognizing the email. Can any one fix this? Apparently not! Horrible and non existing support from AT&T. My friends have FIOS, Optimum, and they have no problem logging in. Please fix this...... SOMEONE! ANYONE!

Responses

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Customer support must be advised to shuffle you around to various (so called) departments. AT&T says its a DirecTV problem. Why can't they just fix THE issue. Using your proper sign in on Fox Sports Go, (app or web browser) DOESN't work. Fix it . Your customers pay hundreds of dollars for the service!!!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

I wish I had the solution to offer but instead can only share the same issue.  Until somewhat recently (around May of 2018) Fox Sports Go allowed me to use my combined DIRECTV & AT&T wireless account phone number to access Fox Sports Go on my iOS device. For whatever reason, at that point, Fox Sports Go TV provider login prompt now ONLY allows your email address to be used. When I use my valid DirecTV email address (which logs me into the DirecTV website without issue) Fox Sports Go App says “It appears you are not a DIRECTV customer”. I contacted The Fox Sports Go app support and was told that TV Provider credential issues are a result of the TV provider (DIRECTV) and is not an app issue. That would seem to be a reasonable response until I login to the Fox Sports Go website on my PC using my phone number WITHOUT ANY ISSUE!!  In Addition to Fox Sports Go, using another network login app like TNT also requires a TV provider login. It too accepts my phone number without any issue. ONLY Fox Sports Go REQUIRES that an email address be used (will not let you go past the login prompt without an email address). So, armed with that info, over a 2 day period, I sat on the phone with DirecTV trying to get my email address to be recognized as a valid login for Fox Sports Go. After those 2 days, I finally got somebody who gave me this answer “Our resolution team is aware of the problem and will notify you via email when it has been resolved.”  Yep...that’s the current progress people...In the meantime, borrow a logIn from a friend (who doesn’t have a combined DIRECTV/AT&T account) to access the Fox Sports Go app on your mobile device. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

I called At&T and got it resolved. I also have a combined account. Log into your DirecTv account and change your user ID to an email address. Worked for me. Can now access Fox Sports Go and HBO Go. Good luck!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

It worked! I logged into MY AT&T Account and changed the User ID to an email address. For whatever reason it wouldn’t allow me to use the email that my DirecTV account was setup with, but will use this alternate email for now. It won’t currently let me change it to the email I want (giving a random error) but will wait a day or so and try again. In either case, I’m now able to login to Fox Sports Go and the other network apps as well (HBO GO, TNT). Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I just went through a (very) long process - but ultimately was connected to someone who helped me fix the issue!  The solution was to change my ATT ID login name to my e-mail address associated with my DirecTV account.  After doing that, when prompted by Fox Sports Go for my DirecTV email, the log in worked.  Seems like a synch is needed between your ATT ID and DirecTV email.  Hope this works for you too! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks my AT&T user ID is used for my DirecTV also...tried changing IDand passwords ...nothing works:{

Get started...

Ask a new question