AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thu, Aug 23, 2018 7:00 PM

directv changed my local channels on 8-1-18 in Lafayette IN

We've had directv since it came out 20+yrs ago and have had Indianapolis channels.  we live in 47905 zip code and now Lafayette IN has star city broadcasting which comes out of Arkansas with local commercials. The news video quality is worse than a teenager old smart phone, the local newscast are the same people on all 3 network channels. just brutal.

what can I do, i have called several times for a couple of hours at a time and they say they'll take care of it but they never do

comcast is not available and they tried the same channel switchero but their customers complained and they switched back to Indy channels

Responses

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

2 years ago

Hmm, that looks a lot like the info that would be in aac (agent answer center ,formerly known as "doris" which is part of the titles. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I contracted with DTV for local channels … they do not appear to recognize what they give is not my local channels.  I have had correct local channels for my area for 12 plus years … AT&T

is having trouble understanding LOGIC .   Any ideas how to approach this??

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

2 years ago

So what's your zip code and county?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

So Comcast did the same thing earlier this spring (change the local channels from Indianapolis to Lafayette), their customers had a fit and they changed them back to Indianapolis.  how can they get away with it? BTW, they now have Indy and Lafayette network channels

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

2 years ago

I'm sure when the FCC hears about it they will be fined.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

can you watch the fight on here 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Where to start

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I would like to know more about it

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Not getting local channels on direct tv now.  Live in NC between Raleigh and Fayetteville and get Columbia SC news/weather

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

2 years ago

What's your zip code

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@AberdeenNC wrote:

Not getting local channels on direct tv now.  Live in NC between Raleigh and Fayetteville and get Columbia SC news/weather

DirecTV Now streaming, or DirecTV Satellite?  DirecTV Now is different and has a separate forum. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

i have given my details to log in but i cannot see u.k. IN THE MENUE.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

2 years ago

Don't understand what you mean...

Get started...

Ask a new question