Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Mar 19, 2018 7:42 PM

Directv & Amazon Promotion? Is it Legit?

I received a call today about pre-payment of 5 months using an amazon card, to lower my monthly Directv bill to 59.95

The call came from 800.531.5000

They told me the following:

1.) to obtain an Amazon card for 5 months prepayment @ $59.95

2.)  Call back at 88.576.2037, ext1

3.)  Provide the promo code dta07878

4.)  Provide the amazon card info

They would then send a $100 gift visa card to me, and reduce my Directv bill to $59.95 for 24 months

Is this promotion legit?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

2 years ago

It is a scam anytime they want a non traceable method of payment like gift cards, Moneygram, Western Union it is a scam!!!

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you, I received a call today, 8/27/2018.  I always check further before I act.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I received a call today 8/27/18, and it sounded so legit.   I always check further if it sounds to good to be true.  So glad I followed my first mind after I got off the call.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

They are still at it.  We received a phone call today asserting a promotion between AT&T, DirecTv, and Amazon.  The call origination number was 800-490-4388.  They asserted that AT&T was concerned about customers having complained of rate increases and so were offering a promotion of $89.99/mo for 2 years - all our DirecTv services would remain in tact.  

All we had to do was go get an Amazon gift card in the exact amount of $360 and call them back at 888-401-6381 (the 888 number even had the AT&T tone when the line connected) with the promo code DTV031254 and the number from the gift card.  If we did so by 9 pm tonight, we would also receive $150 Visa gift card in the mail within 2 weeks as a thank you for paying TODAY.

After verifying this information with AT&T, we were told it was a scam, as mentioned above.  Be cautious and, as stated above, anytime there is a non-traceable form of payment involved, it IS A SCAM!  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

I received a call today, and it came through the actual AT&T phone number I have saved in my phone 1-888-221-2020
They gave me a Promo Code and another number to call with my 4 months worth of AT&T at a discounted rate.
Is there any way to report them?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34K Messages

10 months ago

@KG1008 wrote:

I received a call today, and it came through the actual AT&T phone number I have saved in my phone 1-888-221-2020
They gave me a Promo Code and another number to call with my 4 months worth of AT&T at a discounted rate.
Is there any way to report them?

Thanks to number spoofing, the scammers can make it look like the call is coming from whatever number they want. The call likely did not come from that number but that is not one of the published ATT numbers, so maybe it did. The actual main ATT/Directv number is 800.288.2020.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

same as above with different numbers. code dtv5408613      call after  amazon gift card 877 797 6068 billing dept 

Can we report this to someone?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34K Messages

2 months ago

@NotAgain007 wrote:

same as above with different numbers. code dtv5408613      call after  amazon gift card 877 797 6068 billing dept 

Can we report this to someone?

Sure you can report it. The place to report scam calls like that is to the FCC. Not sure what good it will do, though. This particular scam has been around a very long time, the FCC already knows about it.