Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

10 Messages

Tue, Jan 28, 2020 12:41 AM

DirectTV

Hi everybody :

Why is DirectTV soooooo expensive ? I had DirectTV since 2015, and my bill went up to $175 a month. Even when I stopped HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME, etc....... my bill was STILL that high. So, I contacted ATT about (supposedly) a cheaper plan. HOPEFULLY.............I mean HOPEFULLY......this deal WILL work out.

Gary Stanullwich

Responses

mobilemax

• 

697 Messages

3 weeks ago

Hello,

It's no secret that the prices of traditional cable and satellite have been going up (DirecTV just this month) as a way to offset programming costs with customers jumping to streaming options. Look at what you use and if there's a specific DirecTV offering that you can't get through other services.

A new similar product in select markets is ATT TV and comes in at a similar, but less costly rate for most of the same programming and features. Check availability on ATT.com/tv or visit your local corporate AT&T store to compare it to what you have. Runs off of internet, but might get your cable cost down.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

3 weeks ago

Networks charge the TV providers more over the years. That is why we have seen an annual price adjustment which has gone into effect in January the last few years. www.att.com/2020pricing

There are cheaper packages, but not many discounts currently. Because of too many relying on discounts, the CEO per a public announcement a while back has chosen to reel them in for now to get rid of those that are operating at a loss.

For reference packages in cost starting at the lowest: Family, Select, Entertainment, Choice, Xtra, Ultimate, Premier. There was also Preferred Xtra which is just under Xtra in base cost, plus no RSN fee as it is for those that watch little to no sports, but it was mentioned it may have been removed earlier this month. May have to speak to the retention department to see if Preferred Xtra is still available, if that is the one you want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

8.8K Messages

3 weeks ago

the cost of directv is withing a dollar or 2 of a comparable package from dish network

possibly even comcast, or other cable companies

streaming may be cheaper for now

but realize networks raise thier price every year or 2, so directv has to pass that increase in to the customer. as do other services.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.