Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jan 23, 2020 6:48 PM

Direct TV does not care about customer loyalty

I have been a Direct TV customer for over 5 years. I started on a two year contract and after that contract, I was able to negotiate a price with Direct TV that fit with my budget and the programming we desired. Every year after the initial two year contract ended, I would have to call and go to through the pain staking and time wasting process of trying to keep the price down for the line up we wanted to have. So my current promotion was to end around January 10, 2020. In early December 2019, I called Direct TV to see if I could sign up for a promotion for the upcoming January hill, because I knew it was going to sky rocket by $60 dollars and I wanted to be proactive with the price since I wanted to stay with Direct TV. The person I spoke to said there was no current promotions and to try back later in the month. So, that is what I did. I called right after Christmas to check on promotional prices and still there was nothing. That agent told me that because of my current promotions, they were unable to offer me any promotions until my current one expired.

So, I waited until around January 10th to call a third time now that my promotion had ended to see what I could work out with Direct TV. I kept being told that there was no promotion they could offer me at that time and that I would need to wait (AGAIN) to see if there were any promotions the following month. I had it!!! I asked to be sent to the cancellation department. Once there, I got an agent who had no trouble setting up my disconnect and than proceeded to tell me that if in the future I would like to come back to Direct TV that they could offer me some promotions for sign up. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? REALLY! Here I am disconnecting because of the astronomical prices and they have the audacity to them tell me that they could offer me something AFTER I disconnect. What the (Edited per community guidelines) ever happened to customer loyalty! I guess Direct TV is rolling in the money and no longer wish to keep current customers and it just relies on new customers that they (Edited per community guidelines) in with good promotions. Absolutely the worse business practice.

So, I currently have my shut off date scheduled for February 9th and I will stick with it. A Direct TV agent called me two days after my cancellation call and asked if I would be willing to stay with Direct TV…and what did they dangle in front of my face to try to lure me back….a $5 dollar discount. Are you freaking kidding me?!? What an insult. I will NEVER again go with Direct TV. The lack of loyal customer appreciation is appalling and Direct TV business model is a joke.

Responses

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

8.8K Messages

4 weeks ago

directv ceo has basically said they want to end promotions and people that always ask for them should feel free to leave

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

@mdram4x4 Well he got his wish.

Teacher

• 

61 Messages

4 weeks ago

Be vigilant about returning your equipment! I've read many complaints concerning getting charged for not returning equipment when it had been returned. Make sure to follow the rules and keep records! Your story sounds exactly like mine!

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

4 weeks ago

High level of discounts (i.e. $60 off bill) are not sustainable. Too many people were on discounts that were too high for too long. So their CEO had put out a bit ago that discounts would be reeled in. So now people are waking up to what the service actually costs. They pay a lot to the networks and must price accordingly.

It is hoped after the problem accounts are taken care of that discounts will come back, though expected in moderation. Never rely on discounts to make service affordable. Consider package and optional services, reducing where necessary. If you cannot afford it without discounts, then you cannot afford it and should not expect the company to accommodate your budget. They are a business operating for profit, not providing a charitable or necessary service.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

@Juniper (Edited per community guidelines)! You are a real piece of work! We wouldn't have to "rely on discounts" If you just charged a reasonable freakin rate to begin with! You have made us call and complain every year to get a fair rate for so long it's became routine then you lock us into a 2 year contract (many of us lied to that our promo was for full 2 years - and you can say that's not true all you want but it's a FACT) then all the sudden refuse to negotiate with "problem accounts". GO POUND SAND!

"It is hoped after the problem accounts are taken care of that discounts will come back, though expected in moderation." Haha, guess what, after the "problem accounts are taken of" you won't have any customers! You act like your not a dying service! YOU ARE! and this will do nothing but accelerate your demise. Good riddance!

(edited)

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

This is a customer to customer forum, we have no control over what DTV charges.

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

Networks charge TV providers more over the years. So they have had to raise costs to keep up. They are not going to give you the price you want an operate at a loss simply because you don't find the price reasonable. When networks expect to be paid based on what they charge the TV providers factoring in per each viewing with a package that includes the channel, well then getting rid of those who mooch and complain when they cannot afford an entertainment (i.e. not requirement of life) service makes sense.

So if it is not within budget or cost you find reasonable, certainly go somewhere else. And no this is not our service more than it is yours, as we are customers like you. This is a public forum, not customer support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

• 

1 Message

4 weeks ago

5 years.....we have been with them since they were Primestar 20+years ago!!! I am 94 years

old, on a fixed income and my bill just went from $64 w/discount to over $130. I dont spend that much on food. and what is really bad is having to pay for soooo many infommecials and

music channels...I have a radio (FREE) and dont want to buy the latest gadget!

I too will be canceling.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

Infomercials pay DTV and the channels to carry them so they help keep the bill down.

• 

1 Message

4 weeks ago

Wow, did we just have the same experience?!?!? Joke's on me though, I went with Uverse (much better package price), but my DirecTV billing cycle just started, so I get to pay for a whole month of it and Uverse at the same time, because while AT&T will prorate phone and internet, DirecTV does not.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

No for long more and more companies are no longer prorating.