Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 28, 2020 5:52 PM

Direct tv billing restriction

Direct TV has a restriction on my checking account due to a error that was placed by them they took out 2 payments for my bill and refunded me and recharged me again when no funds was unavailable and I have a restriction now my debit master card is blocked Cuz the billing representative put my expiration number in correctly 4 times and I can’t use my card this happened in 2018 I had to contact my bank open another account debit and checking and the restriction is on my new account I might just close out my service with direct I have home and internet and I have a ATT cell phone and and I can use either checking and debit card how is this possible I need help I need to have the phone to the retention dept soon to get the right

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.4K Messages

2 months ago

Billing restrictions like this historically only last 6 months. So if this is still on the account from 2018 that does seem a bit long.

There is no number specific to the retention department as it is still the DirecTV customer support number. When you get the voice system just say "cancel" so that it should route you directly, instead of waiting have a front-line agent do so manually. Doubtful they can remove the restriction themselves, but perhaps they (or their supervisor) could submit this to back office finance for review to see if they can override the situation internally.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…