Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
blackshirtcj's profile
blackshirtcj
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!
Mission control approves!

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Fri, Sep 23, 2016 5:26 PM

Customer Service decline since the AT&T merger

Has anyone else noticed customer service declining?  I've always been very impressed with how Directv would work with me when I called in with an issue or if I was unhappy.  

I called last weekend to tell them I wasn't happy with them removing Redzone without notifying me and also with the insane price hike for Redzone.  One guy told me to go online and enable auto bill pay and call back because it could make more offers show up on his screen.  Called back and the next guy basically told me the last guy's suggestion was dumb and it didn't help.  I waited 40 minutes to talk to a supervisor and about 30 minutes into it, the support guy said the supervisor told him to tell me he couldn't help me!  I figured he couldn't help me, but that doesn't change the fact I wanted to tell him I'm not happy and if they don't fix it, I'm canceling my service.  I waited another 10 or 15 minutes and he basically told me to pound sand.  I've never been treated like that in the past and now I'm shopping cable providers.  My contract is up in a month and it can't get here soon enough...

Responses

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

He lied about being an employee. Can you read?

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

@peds48 Thank you captain obvious. Everyone knows Redzone is only available in the Sunday Ticket Max subscription now. The problem we have is paying $63 per month for some huge package of crap when we only want Redzone. Do you understand? Also, I've watched Cox cable's Redzone and Directv's isn't any better.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

And everyone knows capitalized words and exclamation points equate to yelling when communicating via email, text, message board, etc. @sandblaster have you been living under a rock? Google it dude. Where does AT&T get these drones?
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

47K Messages

4 years ago

@blackshirtcj The entire post in all caps is yelling, not just a few words out of the post. He was just trying to emphasize those words. Bold font might have been better but still not yelling. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
thomasr1950

Scholar

• 

425 Messages

4 years ago

I just want good customer service back. Since ATT bough DTV it's gotten horrible. I call,+min hold time, been trying for a hour to chat. ATT chat reps lie, do things withouth my authorization as well.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

So the entire post has to be in caps now? Just stop.
peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

@blackshirtcj If you are so displeased with DIRECTV perhaps getting another cable provider that meets your needs is what you be looking for.  Not sure why some folks want to dictate how DIRECTV does its business.  They clearly decided not to sell RedZone a la carte this year. DIRECTV also knew they may loose a few customers because of this.  If DIRECTV is not fulfilling your entertainment needs, then perhaps is time to move on

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

That's the most coherent thing you've said @peds48. Consequently, I just called Directv to complian again and they finally gave me some valuable information! Since I only have one month left on my contract I only have to pay $20 to get out! If you guys would've told me that yesterday, I would've thanked you and been on my way. Adios amigos!

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

22.1K Messages

4 years ago

Had you ask we would have told you.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

DIRECTV you have completed done a 180 with your customer support. I also have tried to sort out issues and have been delt promises such as retribution that have not materialized. When I called to inquire I am confronted with allegations that it was never the intent which in my eyes is the same as calling me liar. If your managers are all telling customers different things how does this help your business? How or why do you think customers are furious and irrate? I am not sure what Sat and Cable companies do not understand about this and why are they suprised customers cancel and unplug. I am the customer or have companies forgotten how the free market works? Come end of contract the customer will have the final say on the issue. If these little issues were handle in a professional manner then the tone would change. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

My red zone channel issue was resolved.  However, I must say it was a royal pain to deal with and continues to support the fact that AT&T is making Directv worse.  Big business is the single biggest problem our country has.  They make it hard on their employees and hard on their customers while a few at the top line their pockets.  Once this football season is over, I will be looking for other options to meet my needs.  I spend way too much on TV service for what little we get in return.  It's simple ROI and value that just don't add up.  It's sad that 15 years of loyal service will end this way.

thomasr1950

Scholar

• 

425 Messages

4 years ago

Dtv is worse since the merger. Neither cares about the customer any more. They lie, mislead you, then ignore you. Almost impossible to get a rep on the phone or chat. Socisl media isn't social, they too lie. The moderators here aren't any help.
thomasr1950

Scholar

• 

425 Messages

4 years ago

The only way I get any support is when I file a complaint with the BBB. Even then the support is extremely poor at best.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I just had my receiver fail and had to have a Repairman come out. He replaced the LNB and said that since I had the old type of receiver, I would have to upgrade to the HD receiver if that was the problem. I called the next day (after my system completely crapped out) and discovered that my monthly bill would go up to $143 + tax. I cancelled that and told them I would probably have to close my account after being a Directv customer for 21 years. I was advised to contact the "Loyalty Dept." and got someone there who said that many customers still have the old receivers and they should still be manufacturing them. She checked and a replacement for my old receiver is on the way. I think the attitude that "the only way to repair is to upgrade and pay more money" is definitely "AT&T." It's the same reason I left them as a wireless customer after about 18 years.

Get started...

Ask a new question