Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
blackshirtcj's profile
blackshirtcj
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!
Mission control approves!

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Fri, Sep 23, 2016 5:26 PM

Customer Service decline since the AT&T merger

Has anyone else noticed customer service declining?  I've always been very impressed with how Directv would work with me when I called in with an issue or if I was unhappy.  

I called last weekend to tell them I wasn't happy with them removing Redzone without notifying me and also with the insane price hike for Redzone.  One guy told me to go online and enable auto bill pay and call back because it could make more offers show up on his screen.  Called back and the next guy basically told me the last guy's suggestion was dumb and it didn't help.  I waited 40 minutes to talk to a supervisor and about 30 minutes into it, the support guy said the supervisor told him to tell me he couldn't help me!  I figured he couldn't help me, but that doesn't change the fact I wanted to tell him I'm not happy and if they don't fix it, I'm canceling my service.  I waited another 10 or 15 minutes and he basically told me to pound sand.  I've never been treated like that in the past and now I'm shopping cable providers.  My contract is up in a month and it can't get here soon enough...

Responses

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

No one removed RedZone from your account.  This year RedZone is NOT available as stand alone channel, you MUST subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket in order to get RedZone.  And beofre you said RedZone is available on ohter cable providers for a small fee, it is NOT the same RedZone channel DIRECTV provides. So there is that!

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Wow, using caps and exclamation points to reply to your customers, nice customer service buddy

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

I've taken a screen shot of your post in case you think about deleting it and I'm reporting this post as far up the chain as I possibly can. You have proved my point about the decline in customer service more than I ever could have. Thank you.
peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

No need to delete anything, I am a customer just like yourself.  The caps are they because they are proper nouns and brands.  And DIRECTV is all capitapize because is a brand.  

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

So you just hang out on the Directv message board replying to customers all day? Did you know it says "Employee" directly under your screen name?
peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

Yep, I tried to help customers like myself.  I hang out here on my free time.... and unlike employees, I can call it like it is, no need for formalities or lies.  Something folks don't like hearing the truth and get shock when they are faced with it.  I mean no disrespect, but like i say, I am straight forward, no string attached.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

You honestly think I believe Directv allows customers to wear the title of "Employee" on their message board? That would be incredibly stupid and misleading.
peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

I do work for them, well kind of and not really.  However I post of these forums as a customer. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

47K Messages

4 years ago

@blackshirtcj They not only allow it, they require it. ATT has a policy that requires any employee who participates in these forums to identify themselves as an employee. That tag below peds48's posts was added by ATT. I know because I used to have that same tag. Hopefully you realize ATT is a very big company and not every employee works in customer support yet most employees are also customers of ATT products. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

@sandblaster nailed it!

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

It doesn't matter whether or not he works in customer support/service or not. He's the one that chose to reply and yell at a customer on his company forum. This whole thing just gets weirder and weirder. I honestly don't care anymore.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines: Keep it Courteous.]

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I have a similar issue.  I've been a directv customer with nfl ticket since 2001.  This year, I no longer have the red zone channel.  Nobody could help me last Sunday when I called.  I have an escalation ticket but it's still not working.  I was told today that I need to subscribe to nfl ticket max which costs $90 more.  For one channel?  Really?  Then we got cut off and now I'm on hold again waiting to explain this for the 5th time in 2 weeks to yet another agent who will probably not be able to help me. 

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

All we can do is keep calling and letting as many people at Directv know we aren't happy. I have another month on contract and Directv is going to hate me for the next month unless I get Redzone for a reasonable price.
peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

@cdapel Correct, as I have explained above the RedZone channel is ONLY included in the Max subscription of NFL Sunday Ticket, this years is not available as a standalone chanel as it was th case on prior years.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

47K Messages

4 years ago

@blackshirtcj wrote:
So he's a liar too. It doesn't matter whether or not he works in customer support/service or not. He's the one that chose to reply and yell at a customer on his company forum. This whole thing just gets weirder and weirder. I honestly don't care anymore.

@blackshirtcj What did he lie about? Seems to me he gave you a straight answer. As for yelling, a few capitalized words does not equate to yelling.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question