Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Dec 14, 2019 8:55 PM

Cost

Is there a forum to discuss the cost increase and poor CS since Direct TV merged with AT&T?

Responses

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

10 months ago

@jaden1234 wrote:

Is there a forum to discuss the cost increase and poor CS since Direct TV merged with AT&T?

Feel free to discuss right here. But it won't change anything.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

10 months ago

@jaden1234 wrote:

Since this is posting in a public forum of other customers to discuss many topics about DirecTV, I am confused by your question. You're already there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

AT&T raised my cost 16% for internet in the 6th month of a 12 month contract.

Following is a chat session when Jessica the "supervisor joined":

Jessica : Your new bill will be your normal bill moving forward. Is there anything else?

Me : what does that mean?

Me : the $5 increase will remain in place?

Jessica : The increase will be included on your bill moving forward. What you feel about this is something I understand. To cover market rising costs, your services will increase by $3 - $8 as we don’t want you anymore to be caught up in between our contract negotiations with our broadcasting partners

Me : It appears your contract negiotaitions are not worth the paper they are written on, because I had a contract with you and you are changing it..

Me : Jessica, I am going to continue to pay $95.73. if you want to shut off my TV and internet, feel free.

Me : does that seem fair to you?

Jessica : I'm afraid that it might cause interruption to your service.

Me : That's fine, if my service is interrumed, your payment stream from me will be interrupted

Me : if you care to look, I have been a ATT customer for a long time, and this may cause that to change.

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

you need the att area, this os for directv, and they do not have internet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

@chester062

This is the DirecTV forum, not AT&T internet. Follow the links above to get to the correct section of the forum. Though bear in mind, this is a forum of other customers, not official support.

However DirecTV, AT&T, or other providers, they do have a clause in their Terms of Service that services and costs can change at any time. A protection in place as their costs go up then our bills go up. There is not a price guarantee of total cost. The contract states what discounts you get as part of your intro promotion. Those discounts do not prevent base cost from increasing, though would be nice if they gave a courtesy credit through the end of the 1st year to cover that difference (DirecTV has had that apply for some customers).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Get started...

Ask a new question