Complaint Department

Please provide contact information for the complaint department

Responses

Juniper

• 

22.9K Messages

10 months ago

@03TeeSmith 

Not just the Genie. No DirecTV boxes have Bluetooth or anyway to connect to TVs or sound bars by any way other than the normal cabling. The only wireless option is connecting to your home router for On Demand, or via WVB to any wireless Clients. Though as always wired is preferred as more reliable than wireless just by the nature of the technology.

Hopefully you at least have the regular Genie (HR34, HR44, HR54), not the Genie-2 (HS17) server tower. Unlike the regular one, the sever tower doesn't allow full receivers being a Client only system which is restrictive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Thanks for the confirmation! This is just one of the reasons that I miss
Dish. The other reason would be the remote for Dish is more advanced. All
of the buttons light up which helps at night, it has voice command for
finding channels/programs and has Google assistant to control other devices
in the house.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 months ago

What a ripoff, I tried to just change my acct to just a landline phone and was told I had to also pay for internet, at $75. per month. ATT is not Senior friendly.

Juniper

• 

22.9K Messages

@Dave1420

You don't need internet to have phone. Call AT&T back and cancel the internet itself. Phone and internet are two separate services, you can have one or the other if you don't want both.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

I have been am AT&T customer for over 30yrs and I have never in my life been more disgusted or put out with a company in my life! I have internet through them and I pay a high price for unlimited and have 6 televisions. First of all you would think that they wouldn't make it so difficult to log into just a single account without having to go through 3 others that I don't even have with them and still can't easily pay my bill on-line. I always end up having to call and pay extra to do it that way and they are quick to turn my services off when I am unable to get to the right account that needs to be paid. Second, I have not had a full day of internet service in over a year!! It's constantly coming in and out during the day and every single day by 6pm or 7pm you can bet your life internet service goes out and we cannot even get on it until the next day. At this time my kids are having to do their school work on line and are unable to do so in a timely manner since we either don't have service or it kicks them off. I pay the full amount of my bill every month but have yet to get a full day of service. I have had 3 different modems and several technicians to my home and they cannot seem to resolve my problem. I am done. I think it's time to find somewhere that values getting the high amount I pay for their service and keep it on. I have been more than patient and there is no reason I haven't been compensated in some way ever or at the very least had my issue resolved. AT&T has turned out to be the worst service provider I have ever used and after 30 years, I am done and going to find someone else even if it means having to disconnect my direct tv and use someone else there as well. Thanks for taking my money and giving terrible service AT&T. I'm sure your making enough off of others you do that way as well!

Brenda Carmack

Juniper

• 

22.9K Messages

Migration of two completely different systems and websites (AT&T and DirecTV) is not an easy task. Especially with the new billing account system they were moving all over to last year. Hopefully throughout this year those systems will smooth out.

If paying online is having issues, consider logging into your bank and making the payment through their bill pay option. Just remember that options like that take up to 3 business days to post. Alternatively their is auto bill pay, but only do so if you are comfortable with the amount going through on day 2 of your service month (same day the bill produces). Over the phone with the voice system is free, the $5 phone transaction fee is only if with a live agent (same with ordering a PPV).

With the internet trouble, post in the internet section of the forums and perhaps others can help narrow down the problem and perhaps give guidance on getting it working. If the modem needs replacing, the connection to the home or service in the area needs repaired, for that of course you call AT&T itself. Even though it happens often, a technical issue that is intermittent is one of the hardest things to track down as there are a huge variety of possible causes. And it doesn't help that consumer internet has much higher traffic right now because people are home as ordered per Covid-19, which just stacks on top of the issue you are already having.

So if you want to discuss with other customers on getting help on internet, post in that section of the forum, or create a new thread in this part for DirecTV. For anything you want to discuss with AT&T (or DirecTV) in an official capacity, you call them as this is not customer support.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I am a 30+ year customer of DirecTV and once again have spent the last 2.5 hours trying to talk to Customer Service (the Philippines) and am getting nowhere.  They say "they understand" but that's a bunch of crap!  I've been told that a rep will call me today (not her manager).  We'll see, if that doesn't happen I'll call DISH and you can kiss this 30+ year customer GOODBYE!

Juniper

• 

22.9K Messages

2 months ago

@jgbruton 

Customer support (including supervisor/manager) doesn't call you. So 99% of the time when they say you will get a callback, they are just getting you off the phone.

You either call for official support, or you discuss with other customers here in the public forum. Though we do not have access to your account, many times we can give guidance and solutions. And if your account is from the '90s, then many AT&T agents might be unfamiliar with your equipment or billing setup (you are on the old billing model as that changed late 2015).

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Customer for over 10 years, went to cancel (not in a contract) and got the run around for 20 minutes. Finally said cancel it now please and the day they cancelled I had no access to my online account anymore. Couldn't pay my bill, print statements, remove stored financial info....nothing! Called and they said "that's how we do it now".... I'm sorry, you just sent me an email verifying cancellation that stated I could log on and pay my final bill once received??? How?? Is there something I'm missing??? I told them I had the right to remove my banking info that was stored on my account, and the (Edited per community guidelines) says "you didnt have auto pay"....uhm, okay, your point is??? You can put in payment info without signing up for auto pay dude. Do they seriously think customers don't know they can see that info...I mean when I call to make a payment, they ask if I want to use the payment on file??? This just can't be legal, I have the right to view my online statements and remove personal info one day after cancellation. These guys behavior is just a (Edited per community guidelines) in the making!!

(edited)

Juniper

• 

22.9K Messages

2 months ago

@Unsure1969 

Upon cancellation the account on the website goes away. That is nothing new. You pay through the statement received or over the phone. Unless you have auto bill pay of course.

Been this way since before you started DirecTV.

• 

1 Message

a day ago

My wife and I have used ATT cell service since 2008. She pays her bills ahead of time and always more than is due. On July 31 this year, she walked into the ATT sales office in Oak Harbor,WA. She wanted a new phone. David T was the salesman. David T told her that if she added a line she could get a IPHONE SE for $5 a month and that even with the new line the bill would be $5/month less than our current bill. The phone would cost $150 in total paid over 30 months.

She found me and told of the great deal and I went there the same day and talked to David T. I questioned him and said I did not want another line nor the IPHONE. David T said that that was the deal and a Samsung phone would cost more.

Our bill came around Sept 1 and was $422.07. A bit more than our usual $130. I did not mention that we had an unlimited data Plan added when we had a grandfathered mobile share advantage plan with 20 gigs/month which we never used more than half.

I Immediately called ATT customer care and spent over 2&1/2 hours with at least 6 different people on various phone calls. Numerous hang ups. Everyone was pleasant and so was I. I was able to negotiate a $300 credit but was informed that since it was more than 14 days since the transaction, it would be full price for the phones and that would be due on my next bill. I was no longer  pleasant. I was very (Edited per community guidelines). 

Meanwhile, I contacted the Oak Harbor office and talked to Paul. Paul would look into it. He did not know of any such promotion. He did not ask us if we were military, EMT, or any first responder. That came up later. I talked to Paul a couple of days later and Paul hadn’t done a thing about it. The next day I talked to Dave the Oak Harbor manager. Dave kept me on hold for 40 minutes. I do believe that he is the same Dave T that is on the receipt from July 31. Dave said that he told either my wife or I that it would take 2-3 billing cycles until the savings would show. (Edited per community guidelines)??????

Hung up with this clown and called ATT loyalty (so much for that) department and told to Judah for nearly an hour. Here are some quotes from Judah. “ I’m not sure why he told you to wait 3 billing cycles”. “Can’t understand why he put you on the unlimited plan”. “ I don’t see Any plan like that”. Judah was great, he tried every way to help. He said to get to a supervisor after the September bill is processed. 

That would be today. I spent one last 50 minute session with Desiree(sp?). She was nice but as a supervisor, useless. She offered me a savings of $12 a month for one year. My total out lay to ATT in a 30 day period will be $1091.63. The $150 phones cost $400 each and are due in full, now. Right now. The day of purchase we paid $245.40 for the tax and two cases for the phones. Total outlay $1265!!!!!!!!!!! 

ATT stuck the phones up our collective (Edited per community guidelines) sideways and broke them off. Oh yeah, Desiree asked me if I  could sell the phones. She also asked if we were military, EMT, or first responders.

In conclusion, ATT had sales of $181 billion last year with profits of $13.9 billion. Happy to say that is down from $19.4 the year before. I understand that we mean nothing to ATT but we can’t get away from them soon enough. So long (edited as per community guidelines). I’m referencing myself of course. Brad Crouch at [email scrubbed]

(edited)

Juniper

• 

22.9K Messages

a day ago

@Badcouch 

This is a public forum of other customers, specifically the DirecTV section which has nothing to do with phones. If you want official support, call AT&T. Sounds like an issue with the store sales person, especially if that was a authorized seller and not AT&T owned.

Though I would suggest with any company only paying the amount of the bill. Overpaying doesn't make anything better with a company and can cause problems with tracking finances.

Get started...

Ask a new question