Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Sep 27, 2018 9:54 PM

CHOICE package

I am a new costumer that is very disappointed in direct tv. I signed up for the choice package and it included free movie channels for 3 months plus one season of the Sunday nfl ticket! I didn’t get either! I was charged for the movie channels and never got the nfl Sunday ticket! Called numerous times and all they say is first I have to pay my bill in order for them to add it on....I was supposed to be getting the promotion since it got hooked up!!! This company is not worth the hassle on signing up, and wish I never would’ve went with direct tv because they honesty don’t give you what you think you’re getting.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.9K Messages

a year ago

First 3 months free of premium channels and 1 season free of NFL Sunday Ticket are common intro offers. When you requested service, DirecTV sends you an order confirmation detailing exactly what you are getting. If the order confirmation shows the specials, then you have to call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 so they can fix this.

The only reason paying a bill first is if it is in a past due status. If so, their system will not allow them to add anything until bill is not past due. I would request a supervisor. As long as your order confirmation show the free specials, perhaps they could do a credit/charge on those services to "refresh" the balance so the system doesn't it count it past due, and then proceed with what they have to do to fix it going forward. I don't know if they can do that, just a suggestion from how some companies work with their billing systems.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.