Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
A

• 

1 Message

Wed, Sep 30, 2020 9:37 PM

Charges

I canceled Directv on 09/27/2020 and am now being told that I will pay the full bill even though I do not have the service?  Tell me what law says you have to pay for something you have not used and you are Not under a contract.  Maybe the FCC will give me an answer too.  

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

a month ago

It is in the TOS you agreed to when you signed up or by continuing to use DTV when they updated the prorate policy in the TOS 2 years ago and is still in the current TOS. 

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

a month ago

DirecTV is not a usage based, but a monthly service. Regardless of how much you use your service, the cost is the same. Per their Terms of Service you pay for the entire service month, even if you choose to stop watching mid-cycle. Here is the notice from 2 years ago advising all us customers. They followed the rules so the FCC has no issue.

Please read this if you receive DIRECTV,AT&TU-verse®TV,AT&TInternet,AT&TPhone, and/orAT&TFixed Wireless service(s). We want to remind you that you’re billed in advance for recurring service(s) and/or programming charges and applicable fees based on the terms of your current service agreement(s) with us. Starting January 14, 2019, subject to applicable laws, we’re updating your agreement(s) to include your recurring service(s)/programming charges and fees won’t be prorated if you cancel the above service(s) on any day other than the last day of your billing cycle. Your service(s) will continue until the end of your billing cycle but you won’t get a refund (prorated credits) for any remaining days left in your billing cycle. For products not listed above, refer to their terms of service for more information.

Questions about this change? Go toatt.com/ProrationPolicyfor more information and to see the revised section of your service agreement(s).

So it is per the Terms of Service that applies to all customers. By continuing service past the effective date you agreed to those ToS.

(edited)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question